sign into family tree

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
Bjembry1

sign into family tree

Post by Bjembry1 »

I am trying to sign into Family tree and it won't accept the catched letters and they are correct. I know my user name and my pasword and i cannot sign in. Please help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: sign into family tree

Post by russellhltn »

FamilyTree.com? We have nothing to do with them. Try FamilySearch.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

That's FamilySearch Family Tree.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
andersonwhite

Post by andersonwhite »

Trying to sign on to family tree and not having any luck
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
haha195354

Post by haha195354 »

Can not get into my family tree. Why am I having this problem?

I am not a new member. I became a member in 1985 in Las Vegas Nevada. Please fix. Reply please. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

haha195354 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:38 am Can not get into my family tree. Why am I having this problem?
Are you trying to log in with a FamilySearch account, or a Church account? If you're trying to use your Church account on the FamilySearch login, that may not work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:43 pm
haha195354 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:38 am Can not get into my family tree. Why am I having this problem?
Are you trying to log in with a FamilySearch account, or a Church account? If you're trying to use your Church account on the FamilySearch login, that may not work.
One can use the same login for their Church account as they do for FamilSearch (I do that). However, that is not automatic and they are not connected. If you change one, it doesn't change the other. The process to recover your FamilySearch account if you have forgotten your login is here: https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/he ... r-username
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:18 pm One can use the same login for their Church account as they do for FamilSearch (I do that). However, that is not automatic and they are not connected. If you change one, it doesn't change the other. The process to recover your FamilySearch account if you have forgotten your login is here: https://www.familysearch.org/en/help/he ... r-username
You can sign in to FamilySearch with your Church account.

Go here: https://www.familysearch.org/en/

Click on 'SIGN IN'.

Below the Username and Password boxes, click on "Sign In with Church Account".
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:51 pm You can sign in to FamilySearch with your Church account.
That is true for the FamilySearch.org website, but not (at the moment) true for the Family Tree mobile app for iOS or Android. For the mobile apps, you currently must use the FamilySearch username and password. As has been noted, those are not guaranteed to be the same as for your Church Account.

It isn't clear from the original post if they are trying to sign in to the website or the app, but if it's the app, the FamilySearch account must be used.

The ability to sign in to the apps using Church Account is coming very soon, which should alleviate some of this confusion.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”