Reports: Class and Quorum Attendance

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Ipiu2

Reports: Class and Quorum Attendance

Post by Ipiu2 »

Hello hello!

LCR: Is there a way to separate the attendance reports by dates? For example Sunday School is only on the first and third Sundays; EQ/RS is only on the second and fourth Sunday (some exceptions). The current report set up shows all the Sundays even if you choose SS or EQ/RS.

AND since it’s general conference week, do any of you awesome administrators have any conference tickets that you maybe able to let go??? ;) 8-) :roll:
garystroble

Re: Reports: Class and Quorum Attendance

Post by garystroble »

Ipiu2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:23 pm Hello hello!

LCR: Is there a way to separate the attendance reports by dates? For example Sunday School is only on the first and third Sundays; EQ/RS is only on the second and fourth Sunday (some exceptions). The current report set up shows all the Sundays even if you choose SS or EQ/RS.

AND since it’s general conference week, do any of you awesome administrators have any conference tickets that you maybe able to let go??? ;) 8-) :roll:
No, there is not, as some locations may experience changes in the schedule authorized by local leaders.
geekybandit

Post by geekybandit »

Is taking attendance for adult SS mandatory? Secondly, if it's mandatory do they have to know the individuals who attend? Or just the number of people who are attending like they do in Sacrament?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

geekybandit wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:25 am Is taking attendance for adult SS mandatory? Secondly, if it's mandatory do they have to know the individuals who attend? Or just the number of people who are attending like they do in Sacrament?
Sunday School attendance is needed for the quarterly report. It is recorded for each individual, by name, for each Sunday meeting rather than as a summary number, as in the past, in the Class and Quorum Attendance report. Visitors are recorded as a number. The statistical summary is provided to stake leadership and above.

The number in the quarterly report for line items 14 to 17 can be updated manually. But any numbers entered there that do not match the numbers from the Class and Quorum Attendance Report could be questioned by stake and higher leadership.

The Class and Quorum Attendance Report can also be used by unit leadership to identify areas where attention may be needed, such as members needing ministering assistance.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

The Class and Quorum Attendance Report can also be used by unit leadership to identify areas where attention may be needed, such as members needing ministering assistance.
I agree that's the important distinction about why individualized reporting is desired. GHB 33.5.1.3 "Quarterly Report" contains language referring to the unique needs and progress of each individual represented by the Quarterly Report's tabulated numbers, and having a record of Sunday meeting attendance for individuals can help ministering and other stewardship efforts.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I'm being told by my SP that 2nd hr attendance for all adults is the responsibility of the RS and EQ presidencies and the the SS Presidency is not allowed to record attendance. In my reading of the handbook I would interpret that SS class attendance is the responsibility of the SS Secretary regardless of the class (General HB 33.5.1.1, 3rd paragraph).

Anyone have any data points on this? Does the SS Presidency have the ability to record attendance in LCR? I'm thinking we have a rogue SS presidency in a ward in our stake that has convinced their bishop that they cannot record attendance for adult SS classes and so the RS and EQ need to do it for them.
Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

The SP has the keys to do non-unrighteous dominion in his stake. 😂

The SS president has the ability to record SS attendance in LCR. But the SP can delegate that task to the EQ/SP.

We have two EQ and two RS. I think the RS is always on top of getting attendance. Our EQs does pretty good also. Our challenge is getting everyone in the room to mark the attendance roll especially during the SS Sundays. The trick is not distracting the class and the teacher from learning from the HG. The other challenge is accounting for the attendance for the leaders/teachers in the primary (YM, YW) etc on reported to the RS, EQ and SS person to record in LCR.

I think we do a great job. Reminders and patience helps out a lot.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

davesudweeks wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:36 pm Does the SS Presidency have the ability to record attendance in LCR?.
Yes, as long as their callings are recorded as standard callings.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”