Temple Recommend

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
skdl1721

Temple Recommend

Post by skdl1721 »

How do I add my temple recommend to my iPhone?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Temple Recommend

Post by sbradshaw »

If your goal is to be able to scan a digital recommend from your phone at the temple recommend desk, there isn't currently a way. However, in Member Tools, you can see the expiration date of your recommend, or set a renewal reminder notification.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dumasp

Post by dumasp »

I received a survey asking me why I did not have the Temple Recommend on my phone. I do not recall seeing the email when it was originally sent. I would like to participate. Is it possible for me to receive this offer or email again?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

dumasp wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:18 pm I received a survey asking me why I did not have the Temple Recommend on my phone. I do not recall seeing the email when it was originally sent. I would like to participate. Is it possible for me to receive this offer or email again?
Are you sure the survey is legitimate? It's not uncommon for spammers/scammers to (falsely) claim they sent an earlier message and are following up with a survey or otherwise. AFAIK, only your bishopric should be sending you anything to do with recommend renewal.
DartHere

Post by DartHere »

The Newport Temple District has been using an phone app for the last year plus. I think it is a test run.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DartHere wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:05 pm I think it is a test run.
Those living in the Newport Beach California Temple District have the option to participate in a pilot program where they are able to pull up their temple recommend in Member Tools on their mobile phone and use it to enter the temple. Members of two other temple districts outside of the United States are also participating. Any temple can scan the recommend displayed on the phone, but only those in the three pilot temple districts are able to use their phone and Member Tools to display their recommends.

Members in the three districts conducting the test also have the option to continue using their paper recommends. A member may have one or the other, but not both.
ekrisle

Post by ekrisle »

We have a member in our ward with an electronic recommend that moved here from the Newport Beach temple district. As they come to renew their recommend is there currently a way to have them renew the electronic version or will they have to go back to paper?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ekrisle wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:26 pm . . . or will they have to go back to paper?
Technically, the electronic recommend is not being renewed. You are just issuing a new recommend. So if your stake is not in the Newport Beach temple district and you can only issue paper recommends, then I suppose paper it will be, unless the pilot program gets expanded before then.

You may wish to ask your temple recorder, who may be able to shed more light. And as you conduct the recommend interviews, especially the stake interview, if there is an option in LCR to select an electronic recommend and it works, I would try to do it.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”