Editing TAG (name)

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
alvaromendiola

Editing TAG (name)

Post by alvaromendiola »

Hi, I'm trying to modify several tags name and not the highlighted scripture or content in my "notes" in lds. In the tech conference they show it was possible to do it on an iPhone. Is there a way to edit a tag name in lds.org or in gospel library (android).
Let me explain further, I usually mark my scriptures with code numbers for different topics, something like: "1.4" meaning "The Savior's earthly ministry". But now I would like for all my tags to have the "code numbers" plus the meaning of each code.
mevans

Re: Editing TAG (name)

Post by mevans »

I'm not aware of a way to edit the name of a tag.

The only thing I can think of is to find all the notes with a particular tag and then add a new tag. For example, find all "Savior's Earthly Ministry" tags and add a new tag to each called "1.4: Savior's Earthly Ministry". Once you've done that, you could delete the old tag.

This won't be fun if you've tagged a lot of items, but you can do it in the Notes interface a lot easier than going to each scripture. I hope and wish that they will improve the Notes interface. They are supposedly working on some improvements, but we don't know what they will be.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

mevans is correct - there is currently no way to edit the name of a tag in online Notes. If you want the developers to have easier access to your suggestion, please go to the bottom of any LDs.org page and submit a feedback suggestion explaining the feature you wold like to have in Notes. There is no guarantee that it will be done, but at least they will know that it is a feature that people are looking for.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Unfortunately there is currently no way to rename a tag in Notes. However, there is a work around that will help you fix the problem, though it may take some time on your part if there are a lot of items tagged with the one you want to change. Here's how to do it:

1. Go to LDS.org and sign in.

2. Click on My Account and Ward and choose Notes from the drop down menu.

3. In the left hand column, choose the tag you want to change.

4. In the middle column, click on an item.

5. When it appears in the right hand column, click Edit.

6. Enter the new tag in the tag box.

7. Click on the x next to the old tag to remove it.

8. Click Save. Note: Items are saved by 'last accessed date', so if the original date is important to the item, be sure to add it to the first line or title *before* you click Save.

9. Repeat for each item.
lorenchambers

Post by lorenchambers »

You can edit tags. Here are the steps. Very easy.

1. In Library, click on "Notes".
2. In Notes, click on the 3 little dots to the right of the tag you want to changes.
3. Click on "rename" or "delete".
4. Make changes, then click "ok".

Loren
garthbennett

Post by garthbennett »

An update, to edit tags on a computer

1. In Library, click on "Notes", which is the icon on the left depicting a pencil on a square of paper.
2. Click on "Tags" in the menu bar across the top
2. Click on the pencil to the right of the tag you want to changes.
3. Click on "Edit" to change the tag name or" Merge" to merge tags into one.
4. Make changes, then click "Update".
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

garthbennett wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:16 am An update, to edit tags on a computer

1. In Library, click on "Notes", which is the icon on the left depicting a pencil on a square of paper.
2. Click on "Tags" in the menu bar across the top
2. Click on the pencil to the right of the tag you want to changes.
3. Click on "Edit" to change the tag name or" Merge" to merge tags into one.
4. Make changes, then click "Update".
When you say "on a computer," are you using Gospel Library for Windows, or Gospel Library Online in a web browser?

The only way I see to edit the name of a tag in Gospel Library Online in a web browser is to go to Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org (or click the notebook icon in the top right when viewing content), then click the tag icon in the sidebar on the left, then click the pencil icon at the top of the list of tags. Then you can click on the title of one of the tags in the list to rename it. Finally, you can click the checkmark at the top (where the pencil icon was) to save.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”