Gospel Library App for Mac

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
joshuarutkowski

Re: Gospel Library App for Mac

Post by joshuarutkowski »

While catalyst is pretty awesome, it definitely leaves much to be desired in most apps since fundamentally the design for iOS is different than macOS. The toolbar being the main thing, but also the iOS version uses lots of navigation that isn’t standard in macOS.
robinson.j

Post by robinson.j »

I realize this is an old thread, but to future Googlers:

ARM Mac users can download and run the iPad version of Gospel Library via the Mac App Store. It isn't pretty, and there are a few bugs, but most features work well enough.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

robinson.j wrote:I realize this is an old thread, but to future Googlers:

ARM Mac users can download and run the iPad version of Gospel Library via the Mac App Store. It isn't pretty, and there are a few bugs, but most features work well enough.
I haven't gotten a chance to try Gospel Library on an ARM Mac yet, but am curious what bugs and/or display issues you've run into.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
robinson.j

Post by robinson.j »

sbradshaw wrote:am curious what bugs and/or display issues you've run into.
So far, the biggest thing is that the Share option on the lower toolbar consistently and immediately crashes the app. (I reported this issue yesterday, and am waiting to hear back.)

Other than that, the app only suffers from the usual consequences of running under iPad assumptions:
  • The menus are unwieldy, but they work.
  • It takes a lot of clicks/taps to get anywhere. There is very little real keyboard support.
  • The page-switch menu moves around when the present page is deleted.
  • The list items don't quite support mouse control, other than clicks. No lateral-scroll-to-delete, like in standard apps.
On the bright side, this app is better than some other iOS-on-Mac apps out there:
  • The window is fully resizable, even stretching to the full screen dimensions in fullscreen mode.
  • Picture-in-picture works nicely.
  • The list items fully support the MacBook trackpad (and presumably Magic Trackpad as well), with swipe-to-delete actions working mostly as expected, sans haptic feedback like in standard apps.
  • Content downloads work fine, and with a large internal drive I can download and search almost anything! (I can't say this about my smaller mobile devices.)
Overall, GL seems to benefit from the developers' early decision to utilize many of iOS's built-in UI paradigms. With Catalyst, there seems to be a strong foundation in place for a real Mac port one day.
johnrmetallo

Post by johnrmetallo »

Gospel Library is now available on MacOs if the computer has the new M1 chip.
Goodwinonline

Post by Goodwinonline »

Interesting it works on Ipad but not Mac. I thought they used the same language.
dhumerez

Post by dhumerez »

Well, a little worried, because there is no solution for Mac, I am with my laptop, but I cannot download or install the Gospel Library.
This forces me to install an Android emulator, in order to use all the online features of this application.

If anyone knows a solution, or when the Biblioteca Del Evangelio app for MAC comes out, let me know, let me know.

However, in the AppStore, in the descriptions it details that it can be installed on MAC, that is not clear, because if it says so, why can't it?

Thank you
robinson.j

Post by robinson.j »

dhumerez wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:10 pm I cannot download or install the Gospel Library. [...] However, in the AppStore, in the descriptions it details that it can be installed on MAC
Odds are, your Mac is an Intel-based model. The M1/ARM-based models can run iOS apps, because those apps are built for the ARM architecture that iOS has had for years.
PapaNoHair

Post by PapaNoHair »

All of a sudden I am having trouble logging into Gospel Library from my MacBook Air. I can access it just fine from my iPhone 15 Pro Max. It keeps telling me the password is not correct but it is. In fact, I changed it and I still get the same message. Help please!
PapaNoHair

Post by PapaNoHair »

Ok, at least in my case I may have found a solution. I have a MacBook Air (M2) and I notice that the Gospel Library is no longer listed in my Apple Store except for iPhone and iPad. I am guessing it because of the M2 chip. I assume the Church is working on the problem but in the meantime I have switched over to the internet version and now I have full access to all my tags, notes, etc.

Return to “Gospel Library”