Music Download Expansion

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
Hnredgr8im

Music Download Expansion

Post by Hnredgr8im »

As a missionary, the main music we have access to are the youth albums and anything we can find in the Sacred Music app, on the Church website, etc. I currently use an app called VLC which requires the music to be downloaded onto the phone. It's not too difficult to find the Youth albums on the church website to download them. Same with the Youth Singles.

But there are other songs such as "Grateful" and "It is Glorious" (from the 2022 Church Music Festival) which are only available in video and can't be downloaded in an mp3 format. There are also countless songs on the 24/7 music streams that I wish to download but there isn't really a way.

Here is my idea for a solution:

Make it possible to download songs from the Sacred Music app. Also, add the music streams to the app and include an option to download songs that are being played on those streams. Group the youth albums in Sacred Music as well and put in an option to download those albums as a whole.

Let me know what y'all think, if anything can be done about it, etc., etc. Thanks so much!
jkd7

Re: Music Download Expansion

Post by jkd7 »

I second this! I was using the Media app to listen to the youth songs but the interface isn't as easy as having them native on my phone and then the Media app started crashing every time I tried to open it so I had to delete it altogether.
tjjazbec

Re: Music Download Expansion

Post by tjjazbec »

I third this. Providing a way to download all songs within a section would make it much easier to listen to sacred music on a mobile device for those who can't afford a streaming service.

Return to “General Media Discussions”