Home/Visiting Teaching performance

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Home/Visiting Teaching performance

Post by russellhltn »

Hilohi wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:32 pm I'm unable to see the ministering results for the past year. A blank screen (only the webpage's footer) appears when I choose "Past Year" from the drop-down menu on the respective Ministering Brothers and Ministering Sisters webpages. I've been experiencing this issue for about a month now. Is there a fix for this?
First, let's see if this is the "usual" issue with church webpages. Try using incognito/private mode. If that works, then you need to delete some church cookies.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:05 pm
Hilohi wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:32 pm I'm unable to see the ministering results for the past year. A blank screen (only the webpage's footer) appears when I choose "Past Year" from the drop-down menu on the respective Ministering Brothers and Ministering Sisters webpages. I've been experiencing this issue for about a month now. Is there a fix for this?
First, let's see if this is the "usual" issue with church webpages. Try using incognito/private mode. If that works, then you need to delete some church cookies.
I deleted all cookies from my browser, but the same issue occurred.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I actually see past year results for our EQ, but not for our RS. Why our RS doesn't show past year results but our EQ results are shown, isn't readily apparent. So that's nice.

The past year "last interview" dates are definitely a helpful feature, either to identify members who have slipped through the interview cracks (if the presidencies are on top of things), or to help flag widespread missed interviews (if the presidencies are not quite keeping up with interviews ;) )
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Hilohi wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:26 pm I deleted all cookies from my browser, but the same issue occurred.
Did you try clearing your browser cache? Sometimes, a browser's cache can get corrupted. Clearing the cache forces all the data to be downloaded again, hopefully without corruption this time.
eriktera

Post by eriktera »

Here is a suggestion for the ministering section of the LCR.

Problem: I have (3) categories of elders who make the ministering assignments a little messy;
1) elders/families who have moved out, but whose records haven't been transferred
2) Active serving Missionaries
3) Elders who are unwilling to serve as ministers.

When making new assignments of ministers or ministering families, with clicking on the "unassigned" radio button (which I love having) the unassigned elder list is long and littered with those of the three categories above, making it difficult to interpret who actually needs an assignment.

Solution: My solution is to create a "dummy" district and fill it with those elders and families above in dummy ministering assignments in this district. This solves the problem of those members still floating in the unassigned ether, and greatly eases and clarifies the process of assigning new elders and families in ministering.

Problem with the solution above: the dummy companionships can only be assigned a max of three partners, so I have to create MANY assignments to accommodate all the elders in the categories above. Currently almost a 1/3 of my assignments are the dummy assignments. This then greatly obscures the statistics for ministering interviews. Also, the dummy assignments I create show up in LDS tools, which can be confusing for the member.

Proposed solution: Create a new category of "dummy" or "holding" assignment, which can be hidden from LDS tools, and can be hidden from the statistics. Allow this assignment to hold as many elder ministers, and as many families as is needed (max 25? or 50?)

I hope someone can read this an take this suggestion into account for a future update.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

That's a good explanation of the problem(s) and suggested solutions. However, this is a user-to-user discussion forum, and nobody at Church headquarters with decision-making authority is assigned to frequent the forum to look for suggestions. It's very likely nobody will ever see this thread who can do anything to solve the problems.

Two avenues are usually recommended for suggestions of this nature:

1) Use the Feedback link on the Church's website to submit your suggestions. While not guaranteed, suggestions submitted through that channel can be routed to decision makers;

2) Ask your bishop and/or stake president to send your suggestions up the ecclesiastical chain of command. If enough stake presidents raise an issue or suggestion, decision makers at Church headquarters will be informed.
eriktera

Post by eriktera »

Oh, okay, thanks. I misunderstood the intent of this forum. I find it strange that no one working in technology in the church would use this site. I was actually referred to this site by someone who works for the church. I'll try your suggestions.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Don't worry, there's lots of members (including some who work for the Church) who have that same expectation of this Forum. I've thought that some minor changes might help, like modifying the top-level banner from "Tech Forum - Church Technology" to something like "Member-to-Member Tech Forum - Church Technology", or putting a splash screen up at the main level that a member can disable once they're read the notice. Beyond that, there's probably not a good way to ensure everyone who visits the Forum is immediately aware of it's purpose and function, and that the way to contact Church support is through the Feedback mechanism described previously.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”