All day events showing as two days long

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Leesat

Re: All day events showing as two days long

Post by Leesat »

Just tried it. Looks to be working well. I noticed that the setup/take down actually said 'none' by default, so I didn't get an error. Thanks!
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

Well it looks like they did something even though the two fields are still blank. The box to select rooms starts out with a red outline and it was staying red even with some rooms checked. I think that it why it was not letting me create an event. Now the red box goes away when at least one room is selected and if you select None in the setup/cleanup boxes, it then allows the event to be created.
I sure hope they don't have to roll back. I'm glad they are still there trying to get it worked out.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

I can confirm that it's working, too. I was encountering an additional problem when generating a printed copy. Prior to this latest fix I used a "workaround" to get the "All Day" events to display correctly in the online version of the calendar. However, when the PDF version for printing was generated the "All Day" events would appear on the day previous from what they should have. For example, all of my Fast Sundays are entered as "All Day" events. In the PDF version they all showed up on Saturday instead of Sunday even though they displayed online correctly. After the fix they were still printing wrong, but I found out that if I deleted and re-entered them, the printing problem went away for the re-entered "All Day" events. Thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else was having that problem.
kdensl

Post by kdensl »

the 2 day issue is still happening now. all of these posts seem to be in 2015 but the 2023 calendar is doing the same thing
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kdensl wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:33 am the 2 day issue is still happening now. all of these posts seem to be in 2015 but the 2023 calendar is doing the same thing
This is being discussed currently in the thread "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”