Recovering account without email or phone number

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
garbajohn

Recovering account without email or phone number

Post by garbajohn »

There's a member who doesn't have access to her email and the phone number she used to create her
LDS account. What's the possible way to solve such problem. Please mind you that she doesn't have any access to her number and email.
garbajohn

Re: Getting my membership number

Post by garbajohn »

She forgot her login information. No LDS username, no password and no email and phone number to recover her account. What could be the possible way to recover such account?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Getting my membership number

Post by jdlessley »

garbajohn wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:44 am What could be the possible way to recover such account?
See the the fifth post in the first topic, PLEASE READ FIRST: Answers to Most Church Account Problems, in the Church Account forum for the method to recover with her membership record number.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
murrayceff

Re: Recovering account without email or phone number

Post by murrayceff »

I am also trying to help a member log in, and they also no longer have access to the email or the phone number that they used to first establish their account. They have their membership number. Everything we try just keeps pointing back to the email address and phone number. There must be some other way to recover their account, surely?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

murrayceff wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:09 pm I am also trying to help a member log in, and they also no longer have access to the email or the phone number that they used to first establish their account. They have their membership number. Everything we try just keeps pointing back to the email address and phone number. There must be some other way to recover their account, surely?
Did you try the link in the post immediately before yours?

The short answer for when everything else has been tried to no avail: ask your ward clerk. If he can't help, he can get you in contact with the Global Service Department.
murrayceff

Post by murrayceff »

Yes, I have searched the link in the previous post to mine, but there is nothing on this subject. If you no longer have access to the email or phone number that you used to originally set up the account, there does not seem to be an easy fix. I'm an MLS missionary, in a remote area (mission district) and most of the branches here run on "skeleton staff". We currently do not have a branch clerk in any of the branches in this district.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

murrayceff wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:26 am Yes, I have searched the link in the previous post to mine, but there is nothing on this subject. If you no longer have access to the email or phone number that you used to originally set up the account, there does not seem to be an easy fix. I'm an MLS missionary, in a remote area (mission district) and most of the branches here run on "skeleton staff". We currently do not have a branch clerk in any of the branches in this district.
Your mission president or other presiding authority should be able to provide you with the number to call the Global Service Department.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

We currently do not have a branch clerk in any of the branches in this district
For additional clarity, where no Clerk exists, the Bishopric or Branch Presidency has responsibility for Clerk-related issues. My current unit has on-again, off-again staffing of the Clerk calling (quite familiar with the "skeleton staff" phenomena!), and we are always able to support everything that a Clerk would normally do. So I would first start with the unit wherever this member's records are located, and request they support this effort you are helping with (i.e. providing the GSD number).

Return to “Church Account”