Wireless Mic's in the Primary or Relief Society Rm

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
TravisGraham

Wireless Mic's in the Primary or Relief Society Rm

Post by TravisGraham »

Hello,
Our Ward Primary President has asked about getting a wireless system for the Primary to use so they can walk around without having to always go up to the stationary mic to talk.
I don't see why a system like this wouldn't work: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=600061
Any thoughts?
garystroble

Re: Wireless Mic's in the Primary or Relief Society Rm

Post by garystroble »

TravisGraham wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:35 pm Hello,
Our Ward Primary President has asked about getting a wireless system for the Primary to use so they can walk around without having to always go up to the stationary mic to talk.
I don't see why a system like this wouldn't work: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=600061
Any thoughts?
Since FM owns the building and the sound system, you need to make sure that wireless system is on their approved list before purchasing and hooking it up.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd think you'd want a handheld, not a lavalier style.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TravisGraham

Post by TravisGraham »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:46 pm I'd think you'd want a handheld, not a lavalier style.
No, they want a lapel mic.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TravisGraham wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:55 pm No, they want a lapel mic.
For the teachers? I thought it would be for the kids.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TravisGraham

Post by TravisGraham »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:01 pm
TravisGraham wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:55 pm No, they want a lapel mic.
For the teachers? I thought it would be for the kids.
Primary president wants to be able to talk wherever she is and have the kids hear her
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I assume using a 'mobile mic' setup with the cable snaking from the wall outlet to the "walking around leader", has been found insufficient? Just pointing out there is an existing intermediate solution between the stationary mic and a true wireless setup. As with all things wireless it's of course so much easier than a cable (especially with kids), but seems at least an interim solution. And it also supports easily sharing the mic with a child so they can participate and have the others hear them.
TravisGraham

Post by TravisGraham »

BrianEdwards wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:53 am I assume using a 'mobile mic' setup with the cable snaking from the wall outlet to the "walking around leader", has been found insufficient? Just pointing out there is an existing intermediate solution between the stationary mic and a true wireless setup. As with all things wireless it's of course so much easier than a cable (especially with kids), but seems at least an interim solution. And it also supports easily sharing the mic with a child so they can participate and have the others hear them.
That is an excellent point. I'll be sure to point this out to them.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”