How to adjust contact info privacy on lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
structuralscott

How to adjust contact info privacy on lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org

Post by structuralscott »

How does one adjust privacy of email/phone/etc. for ward members from lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org? I can see how to adjust it from the iOS app, but I adjusted it there (for someone else, not for me) and the changes didn't stick.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to adjust contact info privacy on lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure as you can do it in LCR, but I think you can in Directory.

As far as changes not sticking, verify what the household is set to as you can't set individual parts to a less private setting than the household. In other words, if Household is "Ward only" you can't set anything in that household to "stake". (But you can set them to "Leadership only".)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Re: How to adjust contact info privacy on lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:39 pm I'm not sure as you can do it in LCR, but I think you can in Directory.

As far as changes not sticking, verify what the household is set to as you can't set individual parts to a less private setting than the household. In other words, if Household is "Ward only" you can't set anything in that household to "stake". (But you can set them to "Leadership only".)
The directory on the web page lost the ability for leaders or clerks to set privacy a few years ago. The only way for a leader or clerk to adjust privacy currently is via the member app. Once you make adjustments there you have to click on save or the changes don't happen.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”