Proposed Ministering Assignment Changes

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ashleyataylor

Proposed Ministering Assignment Changes

Post by ashleyataylor »

I as trying to update some ministering assignments in our RS group. After I delete a sister, a message appears saying "This person must be a member of the relief society." It won't let me save the change because of that message. Also, when I try to add a sister to a companionship, the search box for households isn't pulling up any names. I've made purposed changes before and didn't have any issues. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Proposed Ministering Assignment Changes

Post by sbradshaw »

It sounds like you removed one person from a companionship and left the other companion there. Is the remaining companion in the Relief Society organization, or is she in the Young Women organization, in Leader and Clerk Resources? If she's Relief Society age, you may need to manually move her from Young Women into Relief Society. If she's still a Young Woman, you may need to add a Relief Society member to the companionship first, then add the Young Woman as a companion.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ashleyataylor

Post by ashleyataylor »

The remaining sister is relief society age (in her 30s).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

OK, interesting. Does the sister show on your Relief Society roll? Does your ward have more than one Relief Society? The error sounds like it's saying that the sister isn't correctly assigned to the Relief Society class/organization.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

It seems to be a software issue. See this thread also:

https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... 75#p236275
ashleyataylor

Post by ashleyataylor »

Thank you for your response. I checked the class assignments for all the sisters I was trying to make changes for and they were all assigned to the YW 16-18 yr old class! Not sure how that happened but it's fixed now. I appreciate your help!
vickylynnrichins

Post by vickylynnrichins »

After I've made the changes to the ministering sisters, there is an option to send the sisters an email with their new assignments. I always send that email. I used to get an email letting me know it had been sent. It isn't happening now and I am concerned it hasn't been sent. What am I doing wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

vickylynnrichins wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:18 pm I used to get an email letting me know it had been sent. It isn't happening now and I am concerned it hasn't been sent. What am I doing wrong?
I see you have a yahoo.com email. There's a long standing issue with the church sending to yahoo/AOL emails.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”