Member Tools locked into "Choose a Pin"

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
lwlucy

Member Tools locked into "Choose a Pin"

Post by lwlucy »

As I log into member tools I am asked to choose a pin. After doing this, the only option is to sign out. I sign out and then it goes through "updating" and comes back to the "Choose a Pin" screen. It seems locked into this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and it continues to happen. I have a Samsung S7 phone. The same thing happens on my husband's Member Tools app.
davesudweeks

Re: Member Tools locked into "Choose a Pin"

Post by davesudweeks »

I noticed you posted this in the iPhone topic, but I believe the Samsung is running Android, correct? I think this was a bug in an older version of the Member Tools app (Android, and maybe iOS as well - I don't use iOS). I recommend you install the latest version of the app and see if that doesn't fix the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I noticed you posted this in the iPhone topic, but I believe the Samsung is running Android, correct?
Moved.

Yes, do make sure you have the most current version of Member Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hoggdoug

Post by hoggdoug »

I have the same problem. Running Android on Samsung A10. Have updated numerous times withut success. Now what do you suggest?
kelvernon

Post by kelvernon »

I have the same problem. Running Android on Samsung Note8. Have updated numerous times without success. Now what do you suggest?
rmunonz

Post by rmunonz »

I am having the same issue on my Samsung Android Galaxy S22
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What happens if you select a 4-digit pin and press the "underlined checkmark" symbol?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”