Contacting Membership Support

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Contacting Membership Support

Post by rmrichesjr »

larryb10 wrote:I have paid tithing for 78 years............ now i can not even sign to my lds account to pay tithung or any thing else has the church been hacked last month i had no problem with this sight
It sounds like the problem is with signing in to your Church Account. There is a whole forum area set aside for Church Account: viewforum.php?f=92

The "please read first" announcement thread at the top of that forum has a lot of answers. If none of those answers help, please contact your ward clerk. If he cannot fix the problem, he can help you connect with the Global Service Department. They can fix anything that can be fixed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

larryb10 wrote:I have paid tithing for 78 years............ now i can not even sign to my lds account to pay tithung or any thing else has the church been hacked last month i had no problem with this sight
And yet you somehow logged into this forum with a church account that's already connected to a membership record.

On-line tithing is only available in some countries. If you've moved to another country, that might change your ability to use on-line tithing.

Also, if you've moved, your records might be temporarily in limbo until your new ward requests them. That will block your access to things like calendar and directory because you're no longer associated with a ward.

I'm not sure what else you're trying to get into, but if you've been recently released from a calling, you will lose access to areas you used to have access because of your calling. In most cases, a move will trigger an automatic release from callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
GregNewkirk

Reporting death of member

Post by GregNewkirk »

I am not a church leader, but I have a death certificate for a member whose location and ward are unknown. How can I share this information with the church?

Greg
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Reporting death of member

Post by rmrichesjr »

GregNewkirk wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:08 pm I am not a church leader, but I have a death certificate for a member whose location and ward are unknown. How can I share this information with the church?

Greg
Somewhere, there may be an assistant ward clerk, membership, who would be very happy to update that deceased member's record. On the other hand, the membership record could be in the address unknown file. I would know what to do if the record were in my ward, but it's almost certainly somewhere else. Hopefully, someone will reply who knows how to get the record to somebody at Church headquarters who can get the information updated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Reporting death of member

Post by russellhltn »

GregNewkirk wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:08 pm I have a death certificate for a member whose location and ward are unknown. How can I share this information with the church?
If you knew where they lived, you could use the meetinghouse locator to find their ward and notify the bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I would suggest you share the certificate with your ward clerk. He would then contact the Membership Department via email or the special message function (if it still exists) in MLS. He could also just call the Global Services Department.

The death certificate should have the full name along with a date of birth that Membership will use to locate the record. They will then be able to add the death date that will also be on the certificate.

Return to “Membership Help”