reporting fraud

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
vince1981

reporting fraud

Post by vince1981 »

Hi,

We recently had a woman who was trying to get fast offerings. We had helped her for a short period of time but then found out that she was not living at the address she had given us.

Is there a phone number I can call to report this woman so her name is flagged for other wards?

Thanks,

Vince
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

vince1981 wrote:We recently had a woman who was trying to get fast offerings. We had helped her for a short period of time but then found out that she was not living at the address she had given us.

Is there a phone number I can call to report this woman so her name is flagged for other wards?

Your bishop should have this information. If he does not, he can get it from the stake president. He will need to discuss this with the stake president anyway, so that other bishops in the area can be made aware of the situation.
bpevans

Medicare scam uses Church phone number

Post by bpevans »

Trying to give someone at Church HQ the heads up about this scam using Church name and number.
I just received a call on my landline in UT with caller ID that read"Churchof JesusCh" and phone number 1-801-240-3738. I recognized the "240" and Church caller ID and answered, expecting someone I know in a Church department perhaps. But it turned out to be a "bot" call claiming to be from Medicare. The female "bot" introduced the call as needing to make the most of my Medicare benefits and asked my age, but I hung up. I'm not even old enough to qualify for Medicare haha, but was mostly disturbed by the use of a Church HQ number, or at least made it look like it. I am in Centerville, UT

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”