Adjust donation

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
garbajohn

Adjust donation

Post by garbajohn »

I have a member donation that I didn't add his ward missionary donation amount before submitting the batch and I can to see it after I printed the donation. How do I adjust such donation
eblood66

Re: Adjust donation

Post by eblood66 »

Did you just enter the amounts in the wrong categories or was the total for the donation incorrect?

If you just entered the wrong amounts for specific categories but the total for the donation was correct, then you can go the LCR Finance, select Expenses from the menu, and select the Expenses Summary tab. Then find the expense and click on the reference #. Then click on Adjust Expense and correct the category amounts.

If the total for the donation was incorrect but you did deposit the donation then you'll need to contact the global service department and let them know about that. In that case you'll have a mismatch between your donation batch amount and the deposit amount reported by the bank. You can't correct that yourself--you'll need the global service department to do it.

If you just didn't include something in the deposit at all, then just create a new batch and make a new deposit (with a bishopric councilor of course).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”