Is it possible to look up the name of a bishop in another stake? If so, how?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jjensen648

Is it possible to look up the name of a bishop in another stake? If so, how?

Post by jjensen648 »

I would like to contact my child's bishop, but he lives in another state, let alone another stake. Can I look up his name in the Directory?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jjensen648 wrote:I would like to contact my child's bishop, but he lives in another state, let alone another stake. Can I look up his name in the Directory?
No, in the Directory you can only see your own stake. But there are a couple of options:
  • Using the Maps application (maps.lds.org, or Sign In > Maps on LDS.org), you can find the assigned ward for the address where your child lives. Clicking on the name of that ward will pop up an information box; the Leadership button in that popup will give you a last name and phone number for the bishop.
  • Your bishop, ward clerk, or executive secretary might be willing to use CDOL to look up the bishop of that ward, if they consider your reason to be a valid use of information in CDOL.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
EvelynRobert7

look up the name of a bishop in another stake? If so, how?

Post by EvelynRobert7 »

And help me wirh the contact of the Elder q pres or Bishop. for
Cannon Creek Ward 46884
( Lake city florida) My son and daughter-inlaw just arrived in Lake City they are a bit desperate. arriving last night and need some help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: look up the name of a bishop in another stake? If so, how?

Post by russellhltn »

EvelynRobert7 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:58 am And help me wirh the contact of the Elder q pres or Bishop. ... My son and daughter-inlaw just arrived in Lake City they are a bit desperate. arriving last night and need some help.
You can find the bishop's phone number by going to the Meetinghouse Locator.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”