Update FHC Hours and POCs

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
AndrewTree

Update FHC Hours and POCs

Post by AndrewTree »

Can someone help me understand how we update our Hours of Operation and the listed Primary Contact for the FHCs in our Stake? Looking at the FHC Operations Guide it appears you update this information in CDOL, however, when I log into CDOL I can't figure out how that is accomplished. I can't seem to find the training videos mentioned in the guide either on the FHC Director site.

Thanks for your help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Update FHC Hours and POCs

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure if it's the case here, but the edit links can be really well hidden in small text just under the toolbar.

Someplace else you'll want to change is the webpage in the FamilySearch Wiki.

I'd also suggest updating Google Maps. Anyone with a Google account can make a suggestion - just include a snapshot of the posted hours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

To get it changed in CDOL you can try submitting feedback within CDOL. You can also have your Temple and Family History Consultant--Family History Center edit it in CDOL
AndrewTree

Post by AndrewTree »

Thanks! From your comment I’m assuming only that calling can edit the information. Our two members that have that calling are telling me they can’t login to CDOL (I’m the Stake Clerk). Maybe I need to call the help line to see what’s wrong with their account.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

AndrewTree wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:17 pm Thanks! From your comment I’m assuming only that calling can edit the information. Our two members that have that calling are telling me they can’t login to CDOL (I’m the Stake Clerk). Maybe I need to call the help line to see what’s wrong with their account.
It has to be the person with that position on the Family History Center. I thought that Family History had a way that they kept those up to date but it looks like your Center is out of date by a few years.
AndrewTree

Post by AndrewTree »

I’m not sure what you mean by “on the Family History Center”? Is there a separate website where they list the people for each Family History Center? Thanks again for your help.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

If you look in CDOL you will find the family history center in your stake (you can start with your stake and look at the associated organizations to find it). if you have that family history center open you can expand the positions to see who is currently listed there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I found a FamilySearch article: How do we update FamilySearch center information in the CDOL?. It appears that it's limited to just members with the calling "stake temple and family history consultant—FamilySearch center".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
snihipali99

Post by snihipali99 »

How is this calling updated? In LCR the 2 standard positions under Stake Temple and Family History are:
Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--FamilySearch
Stake Temple and Family History Consultant

Can it only be updated by calling GSC?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

snihipali99 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:04 am How is this calling updated? In LCR the 2 standard positions under Stake Temple and Family History are:
Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--FamilySearch
Stake Temple and Family History Consultant

Can it only be updated by calling GSC?
FHCs are now called "FamilySearch Centers". So the old "FHC Director" is now "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--FamilySearch".

Reference: FamilySearch Center Operations Guide 2023, chapter 4: Roles in the FamilySearch Center

Return to “Family History Centers”