How to add class member whose records are not in our ward

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ch15154

How to add class member whose records are not in our ward

Post by ch15154 »

How can I add a person as a member of a class whose records are in another ward? Teen's records belong to ward where mother resides. Teen visits father's ward frequently and youth leaders would like her on class roll. Can I create a dummy record or an entry in class roster for teen?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to add class member whose records are not in our ward

Post by russellhltn »

ch15154 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:18 pm How can I add a person as a member of a class whose records are in another ward? Teen's records belong to ward where mother resides. Teen visits father's ward frequently and youth leaders would like her on class roll. Can I create a dummy record or an entry in class roster for teen?
Please see Out-of-Unit Members and Callings. It deals with this exact situation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

This sounds like a potential use for the Out-of-Unit Members option found under Membership in LCR. This enables limited membership information to be used in a Ward for Callings/Classes along with contact information. I don’t know if this information would require require parental consent.

Edit - This post was being prepared at the same time as @russellhltn posted his response.
ch15154

Post by ch15154 »

Thank you those who responded with helpful suggestions.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”