Temple Ready Ordinance card address and telephone info incorrect

w4yjc

Temple Ready Ordinance card address and telephone info incorrect

Post by w4yjc »

A member has printed out a number of Temple Ready Ordinance Cards in preparation for taking those names to the temple. He notes that his address and telephone number is incorrect and not the information that is displayed on his membership record in MLS.

Does anyone have an explanation for this or are there others who are experiencing the same problem? Could it be that the database used for the Ordinance Cards is not being updated from the main membership database.

This member {as I'm sure there are many others} received an email asking him to be sure his contact information was correct on his membership record to facilitate the usage of the new Ordinance cards.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Temple Ready Ordinance card address and telephone info incorrect

Post by aebrown »

The address and phone number printed on temple cards generated by a Family Ordinance Request came from the person's FamilySearch profile, which might not match the membership record. My phone number and address match in both places, so it would be hard for me to tell for sure if that's true for ordinance cards that are printed directly. But it would be good to check that information (by signing in to FamilySearch.org, clicking on the user's name, choosing Settings, and then Contact).
jennybleak

Post by jennybleak »

My address and phone number are not correct. It's the address we had 10 years ago. It does not give an option to change it anywhere I see. Going into settings and contact info only has me add a state not change the address. I'm stumped too!
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

jennybleak wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:39 am My address and phone number are not correct. It's the address we had 10 years ago. It does not give an option to change it anywhere I see. Going into settings and contact info only has me add a state not change the address. I'm stumped too!
Ask your ward clerk for the phone number of the Church's global service department. They can fix that for you.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

aebrown wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:54 pm The address and phone number printed on temple cards generated by a Family Ordinance Request came from the person's FamilySearch profile, which might not match the membership record.
I can confirm this is true. A few years ago when the Temple provided our cards back, they would file them by stake for pickup. So rather than handwrite the stake name on each of my cards, I adjusted my address in FamilySearch to list the stake name in my address in Family Search. My address is NOT this way on my membership record.

To change your contact information in FamilySearch (on a PC):
1. Log in to FamilySearch
2. Click on your name in the upper right corner and then "Settings"
3. Select the "Account" tab
4. Scroll down to the "General" section and click on the Edit pencil next to the title
5. Then update away and click Save when finished.

I have not attempted this from the FamilySearch app so don't know how one would do it from a mobile device.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

garystroble wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:01 am Ask your ward clerk for the phone number of the Church's global service department. They can fix that for you.
The GSD does not support FamilySearch account issues or questions. Please see https://www.familysearch.org/help for FamilySearch support information.

Return to “FamilySearch Products”