How do I add content to my collections

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
chrispoulton

How do I add content to my collections

Post by chrispoulton »

I have no idea of how to add any content to my collections folders that I have created. Can we have a help section in the app rather than just a file showing us the new features.
hurdygurdy

Re: How do I add content to my collections

Post by hurdygurdy »

The method is not intuitive and the lack of any meaningful help ensures that it is even harder. To add items, go to the Library listing and if you see the "Edit" button at the bottom, tap it. You will then be prompted to select items in the list. After selecting one or more, an "Add to…" button will appear. Tapping that will allow you to add the selected item(s) to a collection. Given that "Edit" is not an intuitive label for adding things to a collection, I was just lucky I stumbled onto the answer.
Kajukenbo

Post by Kajukenbo »

I don't see an "add to" button.
hurdygurdy

Post by hurdygurdy »

First, are you using Gospel Library version 3? If not, none of this applies.

If you are using it, the "Add to…" button only appears in a Library listing, *not* in the Collection itself. And it only appears after tapping "Edit" and then selecting one or more items that you could add to the Collection. This is perhaps the least intuitive behavior of the app and the fact that it is not documented makes it hard to use.
adamolson

Post by adamolson »

Yes very confusing an unintuitive I wonder why they don’t make an add button in the collection.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”