Calling entry requires two approvals

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
akrusinger

Calling entry requires two approvals

Post by akrusinger »

This week, I could not enter a new ward executive secretary by myself. A box appeared requiring another person's username and password, like a donation batch. Calling HQ, they said, for sensitive positions, two approvals was required, by two persons, together, on the same device. They said it was probably temporary, but it is in place now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calling entry requires two approvals

Post by russellhltn »

Huh. We knew it was for financial positions, but I didn't think it included the secretary. That part might be temporary. But two approvals in some form for some positions I'm sure will be permanent.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Since the executive secretary can make a change to a finance approver position, the executive secretary is also covered by the dual authorization requirement.
snlutz

Post by snlutz »

I thought I may be missing something and I that I should be able to enter a new ward clerk as the stake clerk and then have the member of SP approve it afterwards. But you are saying that we must do it on the same device at the same time? Our ward clerks (and bishops) don't want to wait to get their clerks in to the system, but we don't always have a SP counselor around when I am setting those up. Any suggestions or ideas on how we can do it quickly and not on the same device?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

snlutz wrote: Any suggestions or ideas on how we can do it quickly and not on the same device?
Currently I don't know of any way to not do it on the same device. I haven't tried it yet, but you might be able to do it with a member of the bishopric.
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

I have the same issue and request. Please make the second authorization the same way we can now authorize reimbursements. i.e. the clerk sets it up and submits it, then the Bishop or counselor on a separate device and at a convenient time provides the second authorization. It should also work for calling authorizations. I'm on a business trip and the recent changes will have to wait until we are both back together at the same time.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

larry19810 wrote:I have the same issue and request.
This is a user-to-user support and discussion forum. The chance that the decision makers who can effect a change will see this thread or any other related to their responsibility is negligible. There are two official methods to get such a request to those responsible. The first is to submit feedback using the feedback link at the bottom of the web page with the issue or on any churchofjesuschrist.org page with a feedback link. If on another page make sure to identify the page with the issue. The second is to pass the request up the priesthood chain --- You to your bishop; your bishop to your stake president; etc.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rjamesh77

Post by rjamesh77 »

Just happened to see this today while searching for something else. I am currently a stake clerk. The stake executive secretary and I handle all of the dual approval positions and almost never on the same device. Maybe it has changed since the OP.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

rjamesh77 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:00 pm Maybe it has changed since the OP.
They did change the process

Return to “Main Church Website”