Automate theme switching in Gospel Library

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
LegolasDimir

Automate theme switching in Gospel Library

Post by LegolasDimir »

Has anyone ever tried to automate theme switching in Gospel Library? Such as changing to night theme at a specific time of day? I have been using night seem constantly but I want to change back to the default theme during the day and don't like the idea of going into settings every time. My preliminary searches show that this probably hasn't been done. I went to the Tasker forum as it is a popular app for automation on Android but the word gospel library doesn't show up anywhere. So I figured I would come here but I still don't see much. I figured I would reach out and see if anyone answers.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Automate theme switching in Gospel Library

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 5.7.0, which is currently in beta, will support Android system dark mode on devices running Android 10 or newer. I think there are some third-party apps that let you switch Android between dark and light (Android 10 and up), depending on the time of day. What version of Android is your device running?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Ethanmecham

Post by Ethanmecham »

Samuel, maybe I’m not looking in the right place, but I am really wishing that on iOS I could set the Gospel Library app to use my system theme so that during the day the theme is light, and at night, it’s dark, it’s a pretty common setting to allow these settings to use the system theme…so I would really love this. If I’m missing it, your help would be appreciated! Thank you for all you and your team do!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Ethanmecham wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:26 pm Samuel, maybe I’m not looking in the right place, but I am really wishing that on iOS I could set the Gospel Library app to use my system theme so that during the day the theme is light, and at night, it’s dark, it’s a pretty common setting to allow these settings to use the system theme…so I would really love this. If I’m missing it, your help would be appreciated! Thank you for all you and your team do!
As long as iOS Gospel Library is set to any theme besides "Night," it should adjust between light and dark with the OS. In iOS Settings, go to Display & Brightness, and make sure the "Automatic" switch is turned on. By default, it will adjust based on sunrise and sunset times, but you can also set it to a custom schedule.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”