Transcription

gwen813

Transcription

Post by gwen813 »

Does the church hire transcriptionists that work remotely? I'm working in BYU Special Collections, transcribing pioneer journals, and I'd like to continue after I graduate. :)
garystroble

Re: Transcription

Post by garystroble »

It's doubtful anyone on this web page will know the answer to your question. Have you tried checking with your boss there at BYU, or perhaps with others who have done transcription in the past for Special Collections that you are aware of? One hook I can think of is they may not allow the Special Collection old manuscripts to leave the premises.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

garystroble wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:47 pm It's doubtful anyone on this web page will know the answer to your question. Have you tried checking with your boss there at BYU, or perhaps with others who have done transcription in the past for Special Collections that you are aware of? One hook I can think of is they may not allow the Special Collection old manuscripts to leave the premises.
Although perhaps you work from photocopies?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could try using the "Contact Us" link towards the bottom of the Church History Library website:
https://history.churchofjesuschrist.org ... ry-library
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Genealogy Industry Issues”