FSY Attendance Projections - Custom Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
ayoward

FSY Attendance Projections - Custom Report

Post by ayoward »

Hi everyone,

In the nearly 8 years I have been Stake Clerk, I have to say nothing frustrates me more than having to produce a custom report. Now, it may be that I am an absolute dullard and I just can't select the right criteria, but I'm not sure there is any training on how to do it properly. Indeed if you go to the help section for creating custom reports here https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... s?lang=eng it mentions a criteria that doesn't exist in LCR, it clearly hasn't been updated since MLS days. So, for example, when I have been asked for a report on "Returned Missionaries in the Last 2 years" I've gone with "Mission Country" Has a Value, "Age" is Greater than 17, "Age" is Less Than 31 and "Endowment Status" is Endowed. I am mystified as to a better way to do it. Anyway, I digress.

We have been asked to produce a projection of the FSY aged youth that will be in our stake in 2023 and 2024 based upon the normal 14-18 age range, from which we then will extrapolate who is likely to attend and what the potential could be from those on record. So firstly, I could do with help just selecting the members.

For those eligible in 2023, it would be any youth that is 13 or older on the 1st of January 2023 and 18 or younger on the 31st of December 2023, so am I right in thinking I need to select "Age" is greater than 12 on 01/01/2023 and "Age" is less than 19 on 31/12/2023? Same would be applicable the following year just moving the dates a year down the track?

Thanks in advance for any help and especially for anyone who knows where there might be some decent training on the reporting system, I would appreciate that (it could of course just be that the category that I want to report on I just can't and therefore it makes it more convoluted trying to select the right criteria).

Thanks,

Andrew
England
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: FSY Attendance Projections - Custom Report

Post by jdlessley »

Since birth dates are the criteria that determine eligibility then I used the criteria for the 2023 report eligibility to be:

Birth Date | Is After | 31 Dec 2004 (for 18 year olds)
And
Birth Date | Is Before | 1 Jan 2009 (For 14 year olds)

Up the year by one for each criterion for the 2024 report.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ayoward wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:16 am ...I'm not sure there is any training on how to do it properly...
I have found the training is often not very good for these church systems and in my experience I usually knew more about it than the stake clerk so that was not much help either. This is where forums like this can come in very handy where others who have figured out how to run certain custom reports can report how to do it. I was pretty good at MLS custom reports but was released as clerk shortly after LCR was implemented so don't have much experience and cannot even do LCR custom reports in my current calling.

In the MLS days, you could export the custom report criteria (without the membership data) that could be then imported into another unit's MLS. That was really handy because if one unit had a good custom report, the stake could easily replicate it across all their units by sharing the report criteria. I don't think that option is available in LCR, other than listing the steps for others to duplicate manually.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

jdlessley wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:09 am Since birth dates are the criteria that determine eligibility then I used the criteria for the 2023 report eligibility to be:

Birth Date | Is After | 31 Dec 2004 (for 18 year olds)
And
Birth Date | Is Before | 1 Jan 2009 (For 14 year olds)

Up the year by one for each criterion for the 2024 report.
It actually would be for 13 year olds turning 14 in 2023, so the second criteria should be
And
Birth Date is before 1 Jan 2010
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ayoward wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:16 am So, for example, when I have been asked for a report on "Returned Missionaries in the Last 2 years"
It is only 12 months but there is a built in report of missionaries returned. Menu = Organizations | Full-Time Missionaries then click on the Returned tab

Return to “Reports and Forms”