Calendar: Implementation and Best Practices

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kristaanncook

Calendar: Implementation and Best Practices

Post by kristaanncook »

I first got called as a Ward Website Administrator back in 2007. I've carefully followed these issues since that time. It is dismaying that these wonderful tools have had only limited application in most wards and stakes. I've served in this calling in several units now and reviewed what circumstances family and friends face in their home wards and stakes.

I've created a blog series on implementation and best practices. Here's the first posting: https://kristacook.blogspot.com/2022/11 ... -nots.html

I include the prior links and next links so you can follow the series from this first installment. It will continue over the next several days. My blog is not monetized. I simply did this because I sincerely want to educate and train people on how best to use these tools.

The Church's instructions on the Help Center address how to enter information and manipulate the tools but it doesn't cover best practices. I've tried to do this. I've also addressed why I think we are where we are. The biggest impediments to the success of these tools seem to be past practices and inaccurate assumptions. I've tried to confront and answer these.

I would be happy to hear what you think of it and if the series can be improved. Please feel free to refer people to it or use it in your unit if you think it would be helpful.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar: Implementation and Best Practices

Post by sbradshaw »

Thank you – this looks very helpful!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”