Missing Missionary from Online Donation Dropdown

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
eblood66

Re: Missing Missionary from Online Donation Dropdown

Post by eblood66 »

BrianEdwards wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:43 pmIt also seems like it would be helpful to have either the original letter, or a Help Doc, that we all could reference since it appears many of us still are trying to work under the old paradigm... :shock:
The help doc exists but the information is kind of buried. See Missionary Finances in the Help Center. Under General Guidelines there is a 5 point numbered list toward the end of the section. Point number 4 describes how wards are charged now.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:00 pm Just out of curiosity: If you go into the Official Communication Library, and click on "Presiding Bishopric", do you see any communication?
No, I don't have anything listed there and haven't for a while. But at one point I did (but that might have been when I was ward finance clerk instead of stake finance clerk).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:41 pm No, I don't have anything listed there and haven't for a while. But at one point I did (but that might have been when I was ward finance clerk instead of stake finance clerk).
That's likely why you can't see it. I'm guessing it came from the office of the Presiding Bishop - but all of those are hidden from you.

As as STS, I'm in the same position. I can't see the letters regarding Zoom. I've complained a couple of times with no results.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

As a ward clerk I don't see anything from the presiding bishop either.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Not sure about Bishops, but Branch Presidents also cannot see anything in that tab.

@eblood66, thanks for finding and sharing that reference. I read it all the way through, it's always helpful for me to review things to see what I've forgotten, or maybe hadn't known about yet.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The Missionary Finances link is wonderful. Thank you, eblood66, for pointing out that resource.

And as another interesting data point, I have never seen anything at the OCL under the Presiding Bishopric tab.
carolynpantlitz

Post by carolynpantlitz »

I have a sister missionary that has been out a year next month and son who just started this past month. I was able to pay for my daughter using drop down at the beganning of October, but two weeks later and the drop down feature wasn't available for either of them. I see others on this chat with the same problem, but didn't notice if there was an answer.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

carolynpantlitz wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:20 am I have a sister missionary that has been out a year next month and son who just started this past month. I was able to pay for my daughter using drop down at the beganning of October, but two weeks later and the drop down feature wasn't available for either of them. I see others on this chat with the same problem, but didn't notice if there was an answer.
New missionaries should not show up in the drop down until they have been in a physical MTC and/or in the field for about a month. But your daughter should continue to show up until her mission is complete and the account has been brought to zero. Let your ward clerk (or finance clerk) know about your daughter. They can contact the global service department to look into it.
martincabrera33

Post by martincabrera33 »

Quick question.
I am a Ward Clerk
A family just moved in last month, the records are now and have been for a couple of weeks in our Ward, they have a Son who's serving the mission and has been for over a year.
They want to make the donation but I can't find him in the dropdown of missionaries.
I checked and his record shows he is in the Ward and in his calling I can see "Missionary".

Does someone knows if I should do something given that it's the first time his family is making the donation in this new ward? (Like adding him somewhere?) Or should I just wait until he shows?

Regards,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

martincabrera33 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:29 am A family just moved in last month, the records are now and have been for a couple of weeks in our Ward, they have a Son who's serving the mission and has been for over a year.
They want to make the donation but I can't find him in the dropdown of missionaries.
Please see Missionary Finances down at the bottom, under Change in the Missionary’s Home Ward.

Short version, the missionary responsibility doesn't automatically change when the parents change wards. There's a procedure you have to follow.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”