Upcoming Aaronic priesthood ordinations?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mprusse

Upcoming Aaronic priesthood ordinations?

Post by mprusse »

As the ward membership clerk I've been asked to put together a list of potential January Aaronic priesthood ordinations. Is there a way to generate that report now? Thank you.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Upcoming Aaronic priesthood ordinations?

Post by jdlessley »

Since you do not have access to custom reports in LCR you will need to have your ward clerk create the report.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

In another month that should show up on the Bishopric Action and Interview List, if you can wait that long.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

garystroble wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:01 pm In another month that should show up on the Bishopric Action and Interview List, if you can wait that long.
That may be true in December but now the Action and Interview List shows overdue Aaronic Priesthood ordinations rather than up and coming ordinations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

They will show in November in the interview section.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You could also look at the oldest primary class to get your list. If you have a split class you may have more than one class.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Are we sure this is true? From what I can tell, the Interview section of the "Action and Interview List" does not include the ordination interviews mentioned in GHB 18.10.2. I only see the annual and semi-annual interviews corresponding to birthdates.

Which leads me to this question: Is there any guidance about whether the semi-annual interview can be considered as fulfilling the ordination interview specified in GHB 18.10.2? The wording does (to me) seem to imply that an interview should be held fairly close to the ordination, but perhaps a regular November interview can suffice for a January ordination, if the ordination is discussed?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

BrianEdwards wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:52 pm
Are we sure this is true? From what I can tell, the Interview section of the "Action and Interview List" does not include the ordination interviews mentioned in GHB 18.10.2. I only see the annual and semi-annual interviews corresponding to birthdates.

Which leads me to this question: Is there any guidance about whether the semi-annual interview can be considered as fulfilling the ordination interview specified in GHB 18.10.2? The wording does (to me) seem to imply that an interview should be held fairly close to the ordination, but perhaps a regular November interview can suffice for a January ordination, if the ordination is discussed?
Am not sure what the situation is at this time. The thread is over a year old. As far as when to interview in advance, that is the bishop's call with guidance from the stake president.
pedroh1220

Post by pedroh1220 »

Has anyone seen any solutions on this? We have a couple of Deacons (ordained in January) with birthdays this month who are showing as requiring an ordination interview, rather than a semiannual interview. As executive secretary I can figure out the interview needs by running custom birthday searches, but the system still seems to have some kind of bug.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”