New Clerk Computer Setup for 2022

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: New Clerk Computer Setup for 2022

Post by Mikerowaved »

davidengel84 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:28 pm Mine were all removed, on 6 different machines, multiple times. ... I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones that gets hit with it.
Possibly a "newer" aspect of the provisioning that I don't have. Either way, I'm typing this on a clerk PC using the StakeAdmin account that [gratefully] hasn't been removed.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:20 pm Possibly a "newer" aspect of the provisioning that I don't have.
Actually, in our stake the Admin accounts disappear from the administrative computers that are left on during the week. They do not seem to disappear from computers that are turned on, used for a few hours, then turned off. I think it has to do with whether or not the powers that be are able to access the computer in the dark of the night.

In any event, I have not been restoring the accounts that have been removed. But I pity the poor GSD rep who is next to ask me why I have not taken care of something as the STS instead of having the ward clerk call. I will ask them to give me the password to the Church Support account so I will be able to do my calling. I suspect they will not be able to do that, and the call will be over.
mcallaghan

Post by mcallaghan »

I'm typing this on a clerk PC using the StakeAdmin account that [gratefully] hasn't been removed
I haven't done anything with Windows since Windows 7, so a lot of my knowledge may be outdated. The PC we just got for this ward looked like a fresh copy of Windows with no user accounts. There isn't likely to be a hidden StakeAdmin account, I presume. Did you add it yourself? That's not a bad idea. I don't mind the wards having a local admin account, but it would be nice to have a backup account in case they lock themselves out.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

mcallaghan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:33 am Did you add it yourself?
Yes. This allows the wards to set and keep their own login passwords without having to keep me in the loop as to what they are.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cammattscott

Post by cammattscott »

Recently, I came across the attached *updated* instructions on setting up a Clerk computer.

I hope you find them useful!

MeetingHouse Quick Start Windows.pdf
(292.37 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Last edited by cammattscott on Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Clerk Computers”