All member are gone from the circle

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
Nathan14648

All member are gone from the circle

Post by Nathan14648 »

Hi I am a ward Relief Society secretary. For some reason all the members, except the presidency,/administrators no longer have access to the relief society circles group. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: All member are gone from the circle

Post by jdlessley »

As an administrator you should be able to go into the circle and check to see who has been removed. Once you have selected the circle in question, tap the membership icon in the upper right of the screen. There should be three groups of lists of individuals; Administrators, Joined, and Not Joined. If you only see names in the Administrators group then individuals have been removed. Removing individuals is normally done manually by an administrator. Tap the blue dot with the pencil icon in the lower right of the screen. Then tap Add Person. After a few seconds you should see a complete list of unit members eligible to be added to the circle with a status button to the right of each name. If they have not been manually removed there should be a check. If they have been removed, the status button will be blank and active (it can be tapped to add the individual to the list of names eligible to join the circle). If you do not see a list of names with a join eligibility button there is an issue with the app connectivity to the unit membership database.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Nathan14648

Post by Nathan14648 »

Thank you for your comments. Everyone seems to be back on now without me doing anything. Maybe it was just a glitch?
slcutjs

Post by slcutjs »

Our wards boundaries have changed we have have gone from 2 wards to now 3 wards. The new Longview Ward (124680) has been created and assigned the ward number from the previous Longview 2nd Ward. LCR membership records have been changed to reflect the new wards. However the circles app are still showing the newly created administrators for the Longview ward Bishop, Ward Clerk, Relief Society Pres. Elders quorum Pres. but membership is till showing the old Longview 2nd ward members that we can not delete and we are having trouble moving some of our Longview ward members onto the circles app.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Some membership record actions take overnight or 24 hours before changes are synced to other apps. I don't remember specifics, but I seem to recall that unit boundary changes may take even longer than that. If the problems persist beyond 24-48 hours and if nobody here has other suggestions, it might be necessary to contact the GSD to find a solution to the problems.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:40 am Some membership record actions take overnight or 24 hours before changes are synced to other apps. I don't remember specifics, but I seem to recall that unit boundary changes may take even longer than that. If the problems persist beyond 24-48 hours and if nobody here has other suggestions, it might be necessary to contact the GSD to find a solution to the problems.
I don't know any specifics about how a boundary change affects circles but in the past I've seen that it may take as long as a week for everything to settle down and recognize all of the changes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

New wards may take a bit longer for everything to get set up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Living App”