Member created but Blessing won't Record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
NathanScott

Member created but Blessing won't Record

Post by NathanScott »

I have created a record for a child born in the covenant, but when i try to record the blessing there is an error message: "A certificate may not be printed until a membership record is created. To create a record, go to the Create New Record page." I navigate to the ordinances page on the child's membership record page. It lets me view the certificate and I've printed it, but it will not let me save the ordinance. i have uploaded the signed form and everything.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Member created but Blessing won't Record

Post by jdlessley »

This sounds like an issue that needs to be called into the Global Services Department (GSD) for resolution.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

The blessing date and person who performed are only for printing the certificate, this information is not retained as part of the Membership record.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kd7mha wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:49 pm The blessing date and person who performed are only for printing the certificate, this information is not retained as part of the Membership record.
While not retained in the membership record, I thought it was retained in LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:34 pm
kd7mha wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:49 pm The blessing date and person who performed are only for printing the certificate, this information is not retained as part of the Membership record.
While not retained in the membership record, I thought it was retained in LCR.
Nope.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

While verifying the availability of whether the blessing information is available for printing a replacement certificate I ran into the error message the OP posted. It appears a new bug has been introduced. Up until this new bug I have always been able to print a replacement certificate as long as the blessing was recorded for the child of record in the ward. Once the family, or the child record, was moved out of the ward the information was lost. So the information was saved somewhere. And since it does not reside on the local computer it had to be saved in LCR at headquarters.

Of course I thought I could get the blessing information from the uploaded consent form. But now those uploaded consent forms are missing for each child whose record was created following a blessing. So the bug has more than one facet to the issue.

I guess I'll be addressing this with the GSD this week.

edit: I ran a membership report and looked at each record created in our ward for a child of record. About a third of them the uploaded form is missing and the others the form is there and viewable but the ability to print the certificate results in the same error the OP describes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

jdlessley wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:14 pm While verifying the availability of whether the blessing information is available for printing a replacement certificate I ran into the error message the OP posted. It appears a new bug has been introduced. Up until this new bug I have always been able to print a replacement certificate as long as the blessing was recorded for the child of record in the ward. Once the family, or the child record, was moved out of the ward the information was lost. So the information was saved somewhere. And since it does not reside on the local computer it had to be saved in LCR at headquarters.

Of course I thought I could get the blessing information from the uploaded consent form. But now those uploaded consent forms are missing for each child whose record was created following a blessing. So the bug has more than one facet to the issue.

I guess I'll be addressing this with the GSD this week.

edit: I ran a membership report and looked at each record created in our ward for a child of record. About a third of them the uploaded form is missing and the others the form is there and viewable but the ability to print the certificate results in the same error the OP describes.
It appears the error message can be bypassed, at least for now, I was able to create blessing PDF's of existing children who had already been blessed. The date and by whom had to be filled in manually.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

NathanScott wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:53 am I have created a record for a child born in the covenant, but when i try to record the blessing there is an error message: "A certificate may not be printed until a membership record is created. To create a record, go to the Create New Record page." I navigate to the ordinances page on the child's membership record page. It lets me view the certificate and I've printed it, but it will not let me save the ordinance. i have uploaded the signed form and everything.
Records of blessings are not saved as ordinances on memberships.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

It appears to be an alert and not an actual error message.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.

Return to “Membership Help”