Create Missing Baptism Record - with Two Witnesses?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
buja888

Create Missing Baptism Record - with Two Witnesses?

Post by buja888 »

According to Handbook Section 38.2.6.1 A Membership Record Was Not Created or the Year Is Missing or Incorrect

I can create a record with the written testimony of two witnesses to the baptism who are members over the age of 8 as approved by the Bishop.

My question is...

What is the procedure for creating such a record?

In LCR...I cannot create a baptismal record without first entering the name of the member who performed the baptism.

What is the procedure to bypass this?

Thanks a lot!
BrianEdwards

Re: Create Missing Baptism Record - with Two Witnesses?

Post by BrianEdwards »

Part of what's stated in GHB 38.2.6.1 is that the witnesses either provide the full date of the baptism, or the year and the person who performed the baptism. This implies that for the first option, the name of the person performing the baptism is not required -- but perhaps LCR isn't supporting that option? If that's the case, then LCR isn't set up (either by design or oversight) for this scenario, and Global Support may need to manually do this for you.

I'd also submit Feedback if you find this is not supported, I imagine it's very easy to overlook these types of details until a user points them out.

Return to “Membership Help”