Import/Sync Calendar into Mozilla Lightning ...

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
flashfletch

Import/Sync Calendar into Mozilla Lightning ...

Post by flashfletch »

Hi All

I have searched but have not found any solution (that I can understand).

I have been a user of Mozilla's Lightning Calendar add-on for Thunderbird for a LONG time and have generally managed to have the Church Calendar synced to my personal calendar ... until recently. Now, I find that the Church calendar keeps getting 'disabled'. No matter how many times I click 'Enable' the calendar flashes up for a second and then becomes disabled again. In my frustration to fix it, I have removed the Church's calendar from my list and now can't get it back on my list of calendars to sync.

I am hoping there is someone out there who is familiar enough with Thunderbird/Lightning who can spell out the steps for a dummy like me ... (and maybe others who might like to do this)

Hoping ...

Malcolm
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Import/Sync Calendar into Mozilla Lightning ...

Post by russellhltn »

A new calendar system was released last week. Sync is not functional in the new version just yet. There's no timeline on when it will be added.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
thomasjoneill

Post by thomasjoneill »

For anyone in the COB reading this - the Calendar sync function is very, very important for some of us who juggle multiple calendars across organizations - it enables us to have *all* of our commitments readily available in one central location (in my case, Apple Calendar).

Please restore this functionality as soon as possible. It is proving to be very disruptive to be without it (and to have lost it with no notice).

Thanks.
coizu

Post by coizu »

thomasjoneill wrote:
> For anyone in the COB reading this - the Calendar sync function is very,
> very important for some of us who juggle multiple calendars across
> organizations - it enables us to have *all* of our commitments readily
> available in one central location (in my case, Apple Calendar).
>
> Please restore this functionality as soon as possible. It is proving to be
> very disruptive to be without it (and to have lost it with no notice).
>
> Thanks.

100% agree. I find myself less able to commit to participating in church events when I can't see them on my main calendar that I use for work, family, and other volunteer activities.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'd point you to the main pinned thread in the Calendar forum which relates to the requests in your post:
Calendar 4.0 released
My main takeaways are that (a) the Church is aware of this, (b) Church IT doesn't frequent this Forum so requesting changes here isn't likely to get results, (c) many Church IT employees also have local callings requiring Calendar functionality that's missing and are accordingly motivated to get this fixed, and (d) there's no timeline for restoring missing functionality
flashfletch

Post by flashfletch »

For those who have followed this thread ... It appears that the subscribe function is now operational. I have successfully added it to my Thunderbird calendar, so give it a go.

Return to “Calendar”