"All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by russellhltn »

dotson98 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:49 pm Not sure why the display is worried about in/out of DST.
If times are stored in GMT, then Mountain Standard Time is GMT-7 while Mountain Daylight is GMT-6. Some months (like March) will have both MST and MDT events on them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dotson98

Re: "All Day" Calendar Events Set to 3 Days (instead of 1) - for 11 March 2023 and beyond!

Post by dotson98 »

Yes, but to the end user, Sacrament meeting is at 10am during DST, and will continue to be at 10am outside of DST. Maybe that answers my question - if the system stores it in GMT, then when the clocks change, it will be off. That's complicated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dotson98 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:30 pm Maybe that answers my question - if the system stores it in GMT, then when the clocks change, it will be off. That's complicated.
Correct. But it gets worse. When saving a repeating event, the DST has to be accounted for to get the correct GMT time. To use your example, if you save a 10AM sacrament meeting, some will be saved at 10AM+6 and others at 10AM+7.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dotson98

Post by dotson98 »

I live and die by my Outlook calendar. I wonder how they are doing it?

Return to “Calendar”