Meeting House Internet Some devices not connecting

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
alton5352

Meeting House Internet Some devices not connecting

Post by alton5352 »

On several Sundays now, some devices are able to connect and some are not. Last Sunday for example 4 -I-phones, 1-Ipad and 1- Surface Pro were not able to connect. However Androids and Mac Books were able to.
We reset the router, forgot network and reconnected, powered off and on the devices, drove away from meetinghouse and back, and still the devices connect to the router but no internet.
The same devices usually connect right away on other Sundays....... I am thinking it is something to do with the pop-up acceptance page. Is there a way to prompt the acceptance page ??? or has anyone else have similar issue ??
nicolaysen

Re: Meeting House Internet Some devices not connecting

Post by nicolaysen »

Same issue here. My iPad and MacBook Pro do not show the accept terms page.
nicolaysen

Post by nicolaysen »

Found a solution that worked for me in another forum. Try clearing any entries you have for DNS Servers in your network settings on the client machine. (For a Mac: System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS Tab. Click any entries under DNS Servers: and then click the "—" button)
daniel.smedley

Post by daniel.smedley »

I'm having this same issue in our ward building trying to connect with my iPhone 11 and my new iPad Pro. I select Liahona and type in the password correctly--it shows connected but the pop-up acceptance page never presents to actually connect. I have read through other forums and tried everything--no luck. I'm now teaching seminary in the building and the cell phone signal is weak at best so I use it as a hotspot for my iPad and that sometimes gets me by. I really need that wifi connection. Others are able to get to it, including my wife who has an iPhone 13. Help?!?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

daniel.smedley wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:25 pm I'm having this same issue in our ward building trying to connect with my iPhone 11 and my new iPad Pro. I select Liahona and type in the password correctly--it shows connected but the pop-up acceptance page never presents to actually connect. I have read through other forums and tried everything--no luck. I'm now teaching seminary in the building and the cell phone signal is weak at best so I use it as a hotspot for my iPad and that sometimes gets me by. I really need that wifi connection. Others are able to get to it, including my wife who has an iPhone 13. Help?!?
Try rejecting Liahona when you are in the building, then reenter it as a wifi connection with the password. Sometimes Apple devices can act strange with Liahona after an Apple software update.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest going to https://guestwirelesstermsofuse.churchofjesuschrist.org when you try to connect. That should take you directly to the acceptance screen.

Note that you can't be using your own DNS. You have to use the church supplied one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeremykidd

Post by jeremykidd »

What does it mean that I can't be using my own DNS. I'm not sophosticated enough to know what the terminology means, but I may have stumbled into changing my DNS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeremykidd wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:11 pm What does it mean that I can't be using my own DNS. I'm not sophosticated enough to know what the terminology means, but I may have stumbled into changing my DNS.
Most non-technical people wouldn't be changing their DNS. But some network filtering packages may change it.

The main thing is that your network settings do not specify a DNS, but uses the one supplied by the network. Sorry, I don't know the specifics of your device to know where that setting is.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
daniel.smedley

Post by daniel.smedley »

Yeah, I tried rejecting the current Liahona connection then reconnecting, many times. Retyping it manually romantically—either way it still won’t present the acceptance page.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”