LDS Account Support and Help

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ikeruabe

Re: LDS Account Support and Help

Post by ikeruabe »

i need some help to reset my lds account. i forgot both username and password so i have tried to recover my account but nothing seems working. i have tried to recover with email, phone number, MRN but i never get verification number or anything. my ward clerk cannot figure out how to reset it as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There have been web services issues for the church over the past couple of weeks. Some services have been down. Try the "I forgot my username or password." link again. The best option to use is the MRN recovery option. If that is not working then there still may be issues with the web services. Your ward clerk can give you the telephone number to contact the global services department for help if that is not working. Only you can speak to the support people as they will only work with the account holder.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ikeruabe wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:57 am i need some help to reset my lds account. i forgot both username and password so i have tried to recover my account but nothing seems working. i have tried to recover with email, phone number, MRN but i never get verification number or anything. my ward clerk cannot figure out how to reset it as well.
You had to login to post here and this username has you MRN attached to it.
Retione

Post by Retione »

I have had an accout for years and I am a member. Recently the sight says I need a new password. Then it said I need a new user name. I was able to get into the sight, but I am the ward Relief Society secretary and can't get access to leader and clerk sight. I can still get into Family Search and Tools.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Do you see your church membership number listed in your church account page? https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/membership
lexi_bc

Post by lexi_bc »

I have a missionary phone right now but I'm doing at-home mtc. I don't have a phone number and I can't download the authenticator apps with the missionary system. How can I do two-step verification or how can I turn it off?
Jatruman

Post by Jatruman »

For over a month my father has not been able to access his LDS account. He sends the recovery password to his email, which opens the account recovery page, but the page doesn’t populate. I’ve attempted many d different avenues, trying different browsers and search engines, making sure all software and apps are up to date. He’s spoken with the ward clerk, didn’t succeed either.
Everyone is stumped.
I’ll send the image of where the link sends him, but the page does not change, after hours of waiting.
Attachments
Page isn’t populating to be able to recover account.
Page isn’t populating to be able to recover account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Jatruman wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:04 am For over a month my father has not been able to access his LDS account. He sends the recovery password to his email, which opens the account recovery page, but the page doesn’t populate.
I'd suggest opening the page in private/incognito mode to avoid any cookie problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ogehdaniel

Post by ogehdaniel »

Hi, this is brother Ogeh Daniel Efe from Okafor ward.
I’m the clerk, and have been trying to recover an LDS Acct for a ward member. But it’s not working.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ogehdaniel wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:46 am I’m the clerk, and have been trying to recover an LDS Acct for a ward member. But it’s not working.
I'd suggest giving them the number for GSD and having them call. GSD will only work with the account holder, no one else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”