EQ Clerk Permissions

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
ephraim.perez.lds

EQ Clerk Permissions

Post by ephraim.perez.lds »

I've been recently called to a Elders Quorum Service Coordinator role, which reflects in Member Tools, but I am unable to
send notifications to the Quorum on service opportunities. When I try to access Member tools in-browser, I see the following prompt:

"Emailing and Viewing Lists of Members
Emailing and viewing lists of members within organizations is now only available to leaders in Leader and Clerk Resources.
Please contact your organization's leader for assistance."

The hyperlinked Leader and Clerk Resources site doesnt appear to include any relevant information.
Is there an additional step the Elders Quorum President needs to enable in order for me to be able to send out notifications?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: EQ Clerk Permissions

Post by russellhltn »

Someone with access to the Access Table can verify, but I doubt if your calling has rights to send. There's no way to assign the rights short of giving you a calling that does have access.

You may need to forward the announcement to the EQ presidency and have them send it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:29 pm Someone with access to the Access Table can verify, but I doubt if your calling has rights to send.
No, according to the Access Table the Elders Quorum Service Coordinator does not have access to Send A Message. That position can only view Ministering assignments in LCR.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Those with callings that do not have access to leader and clerk resources (LCR) or to the LCR send a message function and need to send email message(s) can still send them to individual and household email addresses. The email addresses are available in Ward Directory and Map. Clicking on an email address in Ward Directory and Map calls the computer or phone registered email client apps to compose and send the message. Group emails are possible by copying and pasting addresses into an email client or your email provider web based program. The same functionality is available in Member Tools.

Not having access to Send a Message can be a real pain. But based on the problems the church is having with some church domains being blacklisted on certain email provider services I am not surprised that the access to the send a message function in LCR is restricted to a limited group of callings.

The expectations of messaging and group emails in magnifying your calling should be discussed with your organization leader. As mentioned, you could work with your organization leaders to send group messages for you after you compose the message content.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:19 pm The expectations of messaging and group emails in magnifying your calling should be discussed with your organization leader. As mentioned, you could work with your organization leaders to send group messages for you after you compose the message content.
The elders quorum president, his counselors, and the quorum secretary are able to access LCR Send a Message. One of them would need to send the message for you if the quorum presidency decides to use this form of communication.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”