Ward Exec. Secretary: Print blank baby/child blessing form?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
nathangg

Ward Exec. Secretary: Print blank baby/child blessing form?

Post by nathangg »

I just read this thread: https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=27676

And as Ward Executive Secretary I tried to print a blank Baby/Child Blessing form, but I get "Access Denied".

This seemed weird to me, because as Ward Executive Secretary I can print a blank baptism/confirmation form and a blank aaronic priesthood ordination form:
* https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/rec ... es/baptism
* https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/rec ... d?lang=eng

Both of these blank forms that I can print feel similar to the Baby/Child Blessing form (at least in my mind). Yet I'm unable to print the blessing form.

Is there a reason that I can't print a blank blessing form? Does anyone know if it this capability is coming? (note: I don't want to record the blessing. That seems well within the responsibility of a clerk. However, as someone supporting the bishopric and helping coordinate sacrament meetings, interviews, and ordinance scheduling, printing a blank child blessing form would be super helpful).

If there isn't a way to do this, I suppose I can just ask one of the clerks to send me a blank .pdf form, that I can then print?

Thank you~!
Nathan
davesudweeks

Re: Ward Exec. Secretary: Print blank baby/child blessing form?

Post by davesudweeks »

nathangg wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:00 am I just read this thread: https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=27676

And as Ward Executive Secretary I tried to print a blank Baby/Child Blessing form, but I get "Access Denied".

This seemed weird to me, because as Ward Executive Secretary I can print a blank baptism/confirmation form and a blank aaronic priesthood ordination form:
* https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/rec ... es/baptism
* https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/rec ... d?lang=eng

Both of these blank forms that I can print feel similar to the Baby/Child Blessing form (at least in my mind). Yet I'm unable to print the blessing form.

Is there a reason that I can't print a blank blessing form? Does anyone know if it this capability is coming? (note: I don't want to record the blessing. That seems well within the responsibility of a clerk. However, as someone supporting the bishopric and helping coordinate sacrament meetings, interviews, and ordinance scheduling, printing a blank child blessing form would be super helpful).

If there isn't a way to do this, I suppose I can just ask one of the clerks to send me a blank .pdf form, that I can then print?

Thank you~!
Nathan
Just a guess on my part (it has been a few years since I was a clerk), but as the baby blessing is normally associated with creating a new membership record, LCR may restrict your calling there. Creating membership records is not a function of the Executive Secretary.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As davesudweeks says, a blessing is associated with creating a record, and creating a record requires parental permission. Why that impacts printing a blank form seems odd. I wouldn't think that's an issue requiring controlling the form.

It may be worth sending feedback.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

davesudweeks wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 am Just a guess on my part (it has been a few years since I was a clerk), but as the baby blessing is normally associated with creating a new membership record, LCR may restrict your calling there. Creating membership records is not a function of the Executive Secretary.
This is correct. The executive secretary does not have permissions to create records. To get to the page to print the form requires utilizing the Create Record function. The workaround for the executive secretary to print the form is to have the clerk print a supply of forms or to provide the PDF for the form.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:37 am To get to the page to print the form requires utilizing the Create Record function.
That makes sense. It would still be worth sending feedback to see if the blank form can be made available for the Executive Secretary. It may not get done anytime soon, but hopefully would be considered on the next redesign.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't think an executive secretary can record a baptism or a priesthood ordination, either – so it seems inconsistent that he could print those forms but not the one for a blessing. I agree that it would be worth sending feedback on.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Reports and Forms”