Report of Upcoming Aaronic Priesthood Ordinations for 2023?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mkmurray

Report of Upcoming Aaronic Priesthood Ordinations for 2023?

Post by mkmurray »

I feel I need to create a custom report to accomplish this because I don't see a built-in LCR report that accurately reflects all of the Aaronic priesthood advancements that need to happen in January.

I have checked the Action and Interview List, but it appears to still show priesthood ordinations in the month of their birthdays instead of everyone advancing in January during the year they turn 12, 14, or 16. I just checked both the upcoming December and January month tabs, contrary to the advice in this thread: Re: Upcoming Aaronic priesthood ordinations?

Is my best/only option a custom report? I was going to try to do it in one report but probably have to do one report for each age group advancement, since you can do AND criteria with sub-OR logic but not ORs with ANDs underneath.

For example, Gender is Male AND ((Birthdate is or after 1 Jan 2011 AND Birthdate is or before 31 Dec 2011) OR (...AND...) OR (...AND...)) doesn't appear to be possible. But a separate report per age group is possible.
BrianEdwards

Re: Report of Upcoming Aaronic Priesthood Ordinations for 2023?

Post by BrianEdwards »

Ahhh, sometimes belonging to a small unit with few Aaronic Priesthood holders has its blessings... :)

In all seriousness, I commented in that thread that I also find that the ordination interviews mentioned in GHB 18.10.2, do not appear to be included in the Interview section of the "Action and Interview List" (it only has annual & semi-annual interviews, as you also saw). So I'm guessing a custom report is the way to go.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

BrianEdwards wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:58 pm In all seriousness, I commented in that thread that I also find that the ordination interviews mentioned in GHB 18.10.2, do not appear to be included in the Interview section of the "Action and Interview List" (it only has annual & semi-annual interviews, as you also saw). So I'm guessing a custom report is the way to go.
I actually saw one or two priesthood ordinations listed in January for the Action and Interview List, but I believe it's due to the month of their birthday which would be the old logic prior to the policy change to everyone in January.
jhardman

Post by jhardman »

I'm in this boat as well. Was custom report the way to go?

Also, Bishop wants me to pre-print the forms. I have two 11 year olds currently in Primary that will move to Deacons in January. The ordination page to print the form does not allow me to select their names. They don't show up in the search. Any ideas how to get a pre-populated form for 11 year olds?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

jhardman wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:55 pm I'm in this boat as well. Was custom report the way to go?

Also, Bishop wants me to pre-print the forms. I have two 11 year olds currently in Primary that will move to Deacons in January. The ordination page to print the form does not allow me to select their names. They don't show up in the search. Any ideas how to get a pre-populated form for 11 year olds?
You might be able to print the forms in December. If not, you will have to print a blank form and fill in the information by hand. If Bishop insists they be pre-popluated, he may have to wait until January.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Yeah separate custom reports for each age group worked reasonably well and were simple and straightforward enough.

As for the forms, I'm noticing a similar thing with regard to youth temple recommends (which makes sense). It does seem like there are some embedded rules generally around things activating and being available when they actually join the youth program come January. I agree though, we could see if we get the ability to prepare a bit more ahead of time as December hits. Otherwise, it'll have to be blank forms and waiting for Jan 1 to submit the official paperwork.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mkmurray wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:00 pm As for the forms, I'm noticing a similar thing with regard to youth temple recommends (which makes sense). It does seem like there are some embedded rules generally around things activating and being available when they actually join the youth program come January.
In the case of an 11 year old who will turn 12 next year, I do not believe you will be able to issue a Temple Recommend for Proxy Baptisms and Confirmations for one of those youth until January. And in the case of an 11 year old Young Man turning 12, you will not be able to issue a recommend until after he actually has been ordained a deacon and the ordination has been recorded on his membership record.

I believe the ordination form can be printed in December, but I am not sure. It may be only 15 days in advance. i do not remember what actually happened last year around this time, but a search of the forum might find a post about it.
jhardman

Post by jhardman »

FYI, the forms, including for 11 year olds, became available to print on December 1st.

Return to “Membership Help”