Gear Icon Missing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
derudrul

Gear Icon Missing

Post by derudrul »

I can't see the "Gear Icon" for calendar settings and sync options.

I am using a PC and a web browser, logging in to my church account, then selecting the Calendar link the in 9-dot menu at the top right to access the calendar link. Does anyone know where to find the "Gear Icon" or calendar settings?
No Gear Icon.PNG
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gear Icon Missing

Post by russellhltn »

It appears the calendar system is still loading data. That most likely affects performance. It may be affecting what you can see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jcutright

Post by jcutright »

I have the same problem there is no gear icon any longer
the help button also does not load any content
I have left the screen site for over an hour and still no icon
this is broken.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

I think their initial release was a partial release. There are a bunch of missing features like settings (gear icon), agenda view, etc. that are missing for now. I expect they're still being worked on, and should be coming soon (but would have to have someone from the church pipe in as to when)
ryangolding

Post by ryangolding »

Can confirm from other posts in this calendar thread that they will add the administrative and permissions they have mentioned in a later release.
richardgiles

Post by richardgiles »

As well as the gear icon missing my church calendar is no longer syncing to google calendar on either my my PC (windows 11) or mobile phone (android.) As Stake Exec Sec and trying to confirm the 2023 calendar it would be helpful if this was restored sooner rather than later. Is there a timetable for reinstatement?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

richardgiles wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:18 am Is there a timetable for reinstatement?
No, there isn't. I assume we're talking weeks/months, not years.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jarishansen

Post by jarishansen »

If the icon is gone, is there a direct URL link we can use to access the admin features? We're trying to get our 2023 events posted and need to edit a couple of the calendars and editors!
caillines

Post by caillines »

jarishansen wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:12 am If the icon is gone, is there a direct URL link we can use to access the admin features? We're trying to get our 2023 events posted and need to edit a couple of the calendars and editors!
The admin features haven't been implemented yet (you can see where they WILL be, but trying to go there doesn't work).
You can use the floating feedback tab on the calendar page to request admin changes.
miskin

Post by miskin »

I have likewise lost the gear icon. I can no longer print the calendar or sync with my Google calender. It has been great missing out on the meetings up to this point not realizing there was a meeting. ;)

Return to “Calendar”