how to sync ward calendar into google calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: how to sync ward calendar into google calendar

Post by sbradshaw »

clarkhall wrote:I don’t think it’s Google it is a white box with the day at the top and number in the middle.
Are you on an iPhone or iPad? If so, it's probably the default iOS Calendar app. Here are some instructions for adding a calendar to the iOS Calendar:
https://www.imore.com/how-subscribe-cal ... ne-or-ipad
You will need the sync URL for the calendar. You can skip the User Name, Password, and SSL fields.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

The instructions in the link worked!
Thanks so much.
ckeogh

Post by ckeogh »

I am responsible for updating the stake calendar online. I have just spent the day putting the Stake Calendar online, hoping using the correct options for the YSA and youth calendars etc. The issue is that there are some events that appear when I copy the url and create a calendar in Google and others don't. What I don't understand is I think I have used the same principles for all the events e.g. some stake presidency meetings appear and some don't but I can't see any difference in the options I have chosen other than the actual date of the meeting. Some calendars that I think I am subscribed to don't appear.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ckeogh wrote:The issue is that there are some events that appear when I copy the url and create a calendar in Google and others don't.
Two possible issues:
First, you may not have some calendars included in your sync. I'd recommend creating a custom sync URL so when you make changes to the web page display, it doesn't affect your sync.

Second, Google syncs when it feels like it. Typically once every 24 hours. When you re-use a URL, it simply pulls it from it's cache rather than asking for new data. You'd either have to change the URL or wait 24 hours to get everything. That's all on Google.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
timjare

Post by timjare »

I'm having an issue where I do all the steps needed to sync it all with Google, but when I make a change on the Church's calendar, it takes up to 48 hours or longer for it to sync with Google. Is there something I'm missing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

timjare wrote:I'm having an issue where I do all the steps needed to sync it all with Google, but when I make a change on the Church's calendar, it takes up to 48 hours or longer for it to sync with Google. Is there something I'm missing?
You're at the mercy of when Google decides to do it's sync with the church, as well as when your device decides to sync with your account.

As far as I know, there's no way to change that, or even decide when during the day it does it's sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lawrence.sproul

Post by lawrence.sproul »

I just went in to update my url for sync to google calendar, but I can't find the gear icon or any calendar settings.
Is there a new procedure to access the calendar settings or to create a sync url?
It appers that this is due to update to clanedar 4.0 and the gear icon and other admin features of the calendar are still under development and will be released when they are working properly.
caillines

Post by caillines »

lawrence.sproul wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:05 am Is there a new procedure to access the calendar settings or to create a sync url?
Sync settings haven't been implemented yet, so I don't think there would be a way to do it.
jabrownaz1

Post by jabrownaz1 »

I used to be able to sync my Google calendar with the church calendar, but alas someone decided to take away that functionality. Why? I created tutorials for our ward to show them how and now that is all useless. Why make a change for the sake of making a change, especially when it renders the program less useful? Does anyone know a way to sync the church calendar with other calendars now? Or was that functionality really completely removed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jabrownaz1 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:11 am Why?
There were security issues with the old calendar forcing it's replacement before everything was ready. The feature will come back, but not real soon as there's other things ahead of it that need to be done.

Return to “Calendar”