Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by russellhltn »

cabrooksby wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:58 pm People have been talking on this post about a 'floating feedback' option. I don't see this.
See this post for what the floating feedback looks like. This is in Chrome.

You might try using incognito mode to see if that fixes it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jabrownaz1

Post by jabrownaz1 »

Any timing on when the sync functionality will return? It sure would be nice to see church activities on my Google calendar again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jabrownaz1 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:13 am Any timing on when the sync functionality will return? It sure would be nice to see church activities on my Google calendar again.
There is no timeline when any of the features return. However, I suspect it was one of the least used and probably will return last after all the admin functions are done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cabrooksby wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:58 pm People have been talking on this post about a 'floating feedback' option. I don't see this.
It comes and goes. Sometimes it is on the right side. Sometimes it is at the bottom center. Today it is on the bottom about two-thirds of the way toward the right and is much smaller than usual. Sometimes it does not appear at all.

When it does deign to present itself, it appears as shown in the post to which russellhltn linked immediately following your post.

My results come from Firefox. Variety is the spice of life.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I have already reported this via the Feedback button, but thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else has the same issue. Maybe until they get this fixed, we shouldn't check the email reminder feature!

I have a Stake Youth Leadership Meeting scheduled for tomorrow night, Sunday December 11, 2022 at 7 pm. The feature to send an email reminder was checked, so the email reminder was sent out tonight. This is what was in the email reminder. Do you see what I see?

The following calendar event is scheduled:

Calendar name: Stake Youth Leadership Meetings or Calls
Event name: SYLC Mtg @ SC or via Zoom
Event description: SYLC (Stake Youth Leadership Committee) Meeting will be held from 7-8pm in person at the Stake Center or via Zoom

Event date: Dec 12, 2022
Event time: 1:00 AM

You received this email from your ward or stake calendar. To change your email, visit your Church Account contact Settings page. To manage your calendar reminders, visit your Choose Calendars page.

So the body of the email reminder doesn't show the date, but it shows "from 7-8pm"
Then below that, it shows
Event date: Dec 12, 2022
Event time: 1:00 AM

Which is the next day and at 1 AM. Apparently that is Greenwich Mean Time, and the software is taking the actual scheduled time and changing it to GMT for the email reminders?
caillines

Post by caillines »

margiestroble wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:23 pm Maybe until they get this fixed, we shouldn't check the email reminder feature!
I never tick the box anyway so not an issue for events I put in the calendar, but yes, definitely a bug that needs squashing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

margiestroble wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:23 pm Apparently that is Greenwich Mean Time, and the software is taking the actual scheduled time and changing it to GMT for the email reminders?
This bug was reported a few weeks ago. In order to handle wards using different time zone but meeting in the same building, all information is stored as GMT. The email reminder is failing to apply the proper adjustment.

joeneuman

Post by joeneuman »

Annotation 2022-12-12 090001.png
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:54 am
jabrownaz1 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:13 am Any timing on when the sync functionality will return? It sure would be nice to see church activities on my Google calendar again.
There is no timeline when any of the features return. However, I suspect it was one of the least used and probably will return last after all the admin functions are done.
Please don't say that. I'm lost without it!
Paul (Stake Executive Secretary in England)
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

The latest changes in the look and feel of the monthly view are a huge improvement. Being able to see all the events each day and being able to add an event by clicking on the day - massive improvements in usability.
Thank you all who are working on this. Hopefully the weekly view will have a similar revamp shortly.

My top 2 priorities now are:
Being able sync with my iPhone like before so the church calendar is integrated with my personal and work calendars.
Being able to start the week on Mondays. Having Sunday on the left is so confusing!

Paul

Return to “Calendar”