Member tools editing created lists

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
munaish

Re: Member tools editing created lists

Post by munaish »

@meldrum3

I can (and did both) on my VastKing KingPad SA10, with Android 10 on it.

I'm not saying it's working on your platforms. What Android version and device model do you have (in addition to your iOS device, which of course, isn't Android)?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

meldrum3 wrote: This is an issue on all platforms. Can’t delete or change.
It works perfectly fine in Android. I am sorry if it does not work in iOS.

In Android, you go to the list, click on the three dot menu, and select Delete. The list goes away. If you select Edit, you are able to delete individual members of the list, or you can search for and add new names to the list.
meldrum3

Post by meldrum3 »

I have done this many times. The list deletes and when I sync it is back. Been like this for over 2 years now. It appears the lists are on the church servers and I can't change them. I have names that are no longer in my ward as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest sending feedback within the app to make sure the developers are aware of the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

meldrum3 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:36 pm I have done this many times. The list deletes and when I sync it is back. Been like this for over 2 years now. It appears the lists are on the church servers and I can't change them. I have names that are no longer in my ward as well.
It sounds like maybe when the iOS device syncs, it overwrites any changes that the Android device may have made, then those overwrites sync back down to Android.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Wendels

Post by Wendels »

I've had a similar problem. I was in a different ward a few years ago and had created lists like "Speaks Spanish" so I know who I can turn to when I need to visit a Spanish family. Now in my new ward it still has the same people from the last ward. When I delete them and add new ones, it immediately reverts back to the old list from the last ward
kjablonski

Post by kjablonski »

Does anyone have an answer for this? I have lists from years ago that I would like deleted. I would also like to know where this data is stored? Is it stored on my personal device or in the cloud somewhere? Is it saved to my profile somewhere on a church server?
munaish

Post by munaish »

They're in the cloud somewhere, with your login. I checked by resetting the app settings, and my lists were still there (although I checked on Android).

You might have to borrow someone's Android device and fix them on it.
meldrum3

Post by meldrum3 »

Still no fix for this. There are lots of updates to the app but this little gem is not fixed. These lists get put somewhere on the church servers and can't be changed for some reason.
rwhalterman

Post by rwhalterman »

This continues to be an issue. Today I tried multiple times to delete two lists I created and they are now out of date. I have been unable to delete the lists in April of 2023.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”