wireless printer not seen by computer

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: wireless printer not seen by computer

Post by Mikerowaved »

So if you point your browser to http://192.168.111.37, what do you get?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

One thing I do notice is that the IP is in the dynamic range. So it can change parodically, and may change each time the printer is powered on. There's a possibility it's changed since you printed those pages.

You might consider using CMT to assign it an IP in the static range (the printer can remain in automatic). I don't think it would solve the problem, but at least it would make it reliable when you do get it working.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
burgonas

Post by burgonas »

rrwwff, have you been able to get your printer to work? I just received a text for the same issue.
rrwwff

Post by rrwwff »

the printer is still not functional. We've been distracted by the holidays and, most recently, by a tragic death.
danielrw

Post by danielrw »

I am having the same problem. New Xerox B235 printer is not connecting to the clerk's office computer, laptop or phone. I went through these steps on this forum but no luck.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

danielrw wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:37 pm I am having the same problem. New Xerox B235 printer is not connecting to the clerk's office computer, laptop or phone. I went through these steps on this forum but no luck.
Can you connect to it with a USB cable, then change the IP configuration to DHCP?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Others will help you with the wireless function of this printer (Xerox B235), but I just drove 75 miles down the road to the next closest meetinghouse in my stake and it took me nearly two hours to install this printer using the direct connecting cable from the printer to the computer. In the end, I decided that Windows 10 does not have a printer driver that will work this printer. Or at least I could not find one.

I wound up going to the Xerox site and downloading a printer driver. Then I had to use a Xerox helper app that was at the same site to install the driver because Windows did not seem to be able to do that, either, even with the driver.

If they really fuss and want me to put it on the wireless network, I will take my USB disc player with me next time and use the CD that came with the printer to do all the work. But all in all, it seems to be a very capable scanner/printer that has the same defect most new devices have -- it thinks it knows better than I do what I want to do.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”