Enhancement Request: Print authorized checks with signatures on file

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sjniedermeyer

Enhancement Request: Print authorized checks with signatures on file

Post by sjniedermeyer »

We often get check requests Sunday evenings and middle of the week when the Bishop meets with members. Part of the check printing process requires a member of the bishopric to provide a wet signature on each check. It would be great to have the electronic approval/signature of the member of the bishopric required before the check can be printed to serve as authorization. Then the check could be printed by a clerk using the signatures on file for the approvers of the check. This would avoid the need for coordinating with members of the bishopric to meet at the church building. They could simply approve the expense request/check online. This would be very helpful when leaders are out-of-town, live long distances from a church building, or certain checks need a quick turnaround time. Multifactor authentication could be a requirement for bishopric and clerk's office users to ensure adequate security is in place. We believe there are also other safeguards like large check holds over a certain amount that would further reduce security concerns. The signature card options would need to be modified to allow uploading individual signatures without backgrounds/lines and to be associated with specific users.

Thanks for considering this request.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Enhancement Request: Print authorized checks with signatures on file

Post by lajackson »

sjniedermeyer wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:00 pm Thanks for considering this request.
This is a user-to-user help forum where those with experience share solutions that have worked for them with others. It is very rare that a developer or decision maker visits this forum and it is unlikely that they will find your request here.

I would recommend that you share your excellent suggestion through the Feedback link on the web page to get it in front of those who make these types of feature decisions.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know if I'd feel comfortable uploading a clean digital image of my signature to a website, even to a Church website that's only accessible to clerks and leaders.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sjniedermeyer

Post by sjniedermeyer »

lajackson wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:00 am I would recommend that you share your excellent suggestion through the Feedback link on the web page to get it in front of those who make these types of feature decisions.
We submitted it through the feedback link. Just posting it here in hopes others will too ;)
sjniedermeyer

Post by sjniedermeyer »

sbradshaw wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:50 pm I don't know if I'd feel comfortable uploading a clean digital image of my signature to a website, even to a Church website that's only accessible to clerks and leaders.
They already have our signatures scanned and online in LCR by way of the bank signature card.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”