Calendar Access Building Selection

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
shnewman

Calendar Access Building Selection

Post by shnewman »

I'm a ward clerk.
When I select Add Event, I can select any of the calendars in our ward. So far, so good.
When I then select Location -> Church Facility, I am only presented with the stake center and one other building in the stake, but not my building.
No other member of the ward leadership can select any option other than the stake center and that same other building.

Who, or what process, determines the list of available buildings for events?

Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Access Building Selection

Post by russellhltn »

The information about what building you meet in is pulled from a database maintained by FM. I'd contact someone to make sure their database is correct.

That would grant you access to "your" building. In the prior version of the calendar, there were settings that allowed the stake to control what "outside" units could also schedule a building. But that hasn't been implemented in this version yet. To fix that, some (I assume from the stake) would need to use the floating Feedback link on the calendar page so that could be updated.

But I'd start with FM first since you're looking for access to your building. However, if you're meeting in a building in which a different stake is the agent - then I'd start with the feedback link first as it might be a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”