Audio won't stop playing!

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
silverbemr

Audio won't stop playing!

Post by silverbemr »

For several years I've asked dozens ofntimes for an update to fix what has been a great annoyance. I've even jokingly offered to out a little extra in my tithing if my request wouldd get some attention.
If I'm listening to media in the gospel library of any sort if I unplug headphones or disconnect from a Bluetooth connection the media keeps playing. This has spanned several years and different headsets but in case you're curious I currently have a Samsung galaxy S10 with Android 12.
Do others have the same issue? Is it a personal problem with my setup? Some setting I've for years been missing?
Thanks for your help!
davesudweeks

Re: Audio won't stop playing!

Post by davesudweeks »

That behavior sounds normal to me. I am on an earlier version of Android but if the bluetooth connection is lost, the phone reverts to the speaker rather than interrupting the "activity" (music playback, phone call, etc). This happens in other apps than gospel Library so I don't think it's a Gospel Library issue - I think it is how Android operates. I don't think you can stop playback by the OS just by disconnecting the headset.
silverbemr

Post by silverbemr »

It's definitely not default behavior and every media app I've ever used in Android behaves that way. I don't use iPhones but I've tested this on iOS as well and it behaves as it should where it pauses the media.

The only time it doesn't is a phone call because that isn't a form of media and that is normal behavior for an app.

This is directly from Android, "Users expect to be able to control the volume of an audio app. Standard behavior includes the ability to use the volume controls (either buttons or knobs on the device or sliders in the UI), and to avoid suddenly playing out loud if a peripheral like headphones is disconnected while in use. "

https://developer.android.com/guide/top ... -earphones
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You might want to provide in-app feedback. That will provide the developers with your OS version so they can troubleshoot. The developers may never see your posts in this user-to-user mutual help forum.
silverbemr

Post by silverbemr »

I've done that in the app dozens of times over several years. I've even jokingly offered to out a little extra in my tithing if my request wouldd get some attention. They thank me and then never get back to me or fix it
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Well, the only other thing I can recommend is patience or convince your Stake President that it is enough of a problem to bring it up in his coordinating council with the General Authority over your stake.

I'm sorry this is an issue and am not making light of this annoyance. But the church does not run like a business. You and I are not "customers" to the programmers - their "customers" are the church organizations that give them their priorities and tasks. Nothing we can do (other than reporting through official church channels) will change their priority but it has been stated elsewhere in the forum that all feedback is summarized and presented to those who direct the developers priorities - I don't have any firsthand knowledge of that but trust that statement is a fact. It has also been stated elsewhere in this form that most people would be very surprised at how small the development team is. I'm sure they would like to fix everything they can, but that may not be possible.
silverbemr

Post by silverbemr »

I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with your responses. I'm looking for help figuring out if there's a setting on my end that can fix this.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

silverbemr wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:19 pm I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with your responses. I'm looking for help figuring out if there's a setting on my end that can fix this.
There isn't a setting on your end that can fix this, unfortunately. It will need to be fixed by the Android Gospel Library developers.

Bugs sent through the in-app feedback are passed on to the development team, and the bugs and feature requests that come up most often are summarized in a report for those who make prioritization decisions, but unfortunately there are hundreds of bugs and other tasks in the backlog and this one hasn't been prioritized to be fixed yet.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
silverbemr

Post by silverbemr »

Well poo. I was hoping it was a personal issue that I had been just overlooking.

Return to “Gospel Library”