Electronic Keys for Full Time Missionaries

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
mgsmith67

Electronic Keys for Full Time Missionaries

Post by mgsmith67 »

We've installed a new electronic key system on our church building. The Bishop would like the Full Time Missionaries to have access.

The app that needs to be loaded on their phone is Kindoo. Is this app authorized for missionary phones?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Electronic Keys for Full Time Missionaries

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know if Kindoo is able to be installed on a missionary phone, but I would recommend that the stake president check with the mission president, as the mission president may or may not be comfortable with missionaries having building keys. It may also be a hassle to transfer access to new missionaries as they transfer in and out of the area. An alternative may be to provide access to the ward mission leader or an assistant ward mission leader who can work with the missionaries to open the building for baptisms, lessons, etc. as needed.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If this fell into my lap, I'd just ask the missionaries to try and install it. If they couldn't, they'd need to work with their mission office and go from there.

In my opinion, trying to find an answer (which may or may not be correct) before attempting it isn't worth the effort.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mgsmith67

Post by mgsmith67 »

It was more "parallel path" kind of thing. And no, the missionary phones don't allow it. I just don't know who approves apps for missionary phones. Is that the mission office?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mgsmith67 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:25 pm It was more "parallel path" kind of thing. And no, the missionary phones don't allow it.
My guess is that the mission office would be the one to put in the request to have it added.

If the request came in from a ward/stake without going though the mission office, I think the first thing they'd do is kick it back to the mission president.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”