Where can I download "Zoramldslat" font family?

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
rbusadre

Where can I download "Zoramldslat" font family?

Post by rbusadre »

It seems that a lot of Church downloadable materials especially the Youth Mutual 2020 Theme use this font a lot. I wonder if there's a downloadable link for this font.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Where can I download "Zoramldslat" font family?

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure, but I suspect the church deliberately picks propriety fonts to prevent others from mimicking official church publications that haven't gone through the correlation committee.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you inspect the CSS of content in the web browser using the Zoram font (Study.ChurchofJesusChrist.org), you can see the full font stack of fonts to fall back to if a certain font isn't available. The font next to Zoram is Open Sans, which is a Google Font comparable to Zoram.

The Church is careful to protect their branding, like russellhltn mentions, so it's important not to try to imitate Church publications too closely in a setting where people might think that something is official. But if you just want a similar font for a project, Open Sans is similar.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
stevengolson

Post by stevengolson »

Interesting. The 2023 FSY downloadable PDF Poster, designed to be modified by wards/stakes, uses the Zoramlds-lat font family, which means it cannot be used as intended without the font family. Also, if you look at the fonts, they are not very similar to Open Sans as mentioned earlier.

Zoramlds-lat example:
Zoramlds-lat example.png
Open Sans example:
Open Sans example.png
So, can we either make the fonts available or create this type of content in a broadly available font that members can easily use? Could someone in a leadership role suggest and promote this as a best practice to follow?

Thank you! (I consider myself a shareholder)
caillines

Post by caillines »

stevengolson wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:29 pm Also, if you look at the fonts, they are not very similar to Open Sans as mentioned earlier.
Try the Noto font family.
stevengolson

Post by stevengolson »

Again, if we are going to make reusable content, or content that is to be modified, like the FSY event poster, why would we not just use commonly available fonts? Think about the audience and make it as easy as possible for members to do the right thing.
caillines

Post by caillines »

stevengolson wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:36 pm Again, if we are going to make reusable content, or content that is to be modified, like the FSY event poster, why would we not just use commonly available fonts? Think about the audience and make it as easy as possible for members to do the right thing.
Because the church has to deal with more than just basic english text with basic latin characters all with the same font weighting. That's why the church uses a combination of the Zoram, McKay, and Noto (among others) font families with various weightings depending on the language and style of text. You're not going to get that with a basic font that you can download and make easy to use.
caillines

Post by caillines »

caillines wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:56 pm
stevengolson wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:36 pm Again, if we are going to make reusable content, or content that is to be modified, like the FSY event poster, why would we not just use commonly available fonts? Think about the audience and make it as easy as possible for members to do the right thing.
Because the church has to deal with more than just basic english text with basic latin characters all with the same font weighting. That's why the church uses a combination of the Zoram, McKay, and Noto (among others) font families with various weightings depending on the language and style of text. You're not going to get that with a basic font that you can download and make easy to use.
Replying to myself here...
As an example of the above, the Zoram font family actually consists of 500 different font files.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

@stevengolson, where are you finding the file for wards/stakes to modify? I found a poster here, but it doesn't look the same as your screenshot, and it doesn't provide a space for a ward/stake name:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/learn/youth-theme-2023?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
stevengolson

Post by stevengolson »

From this page:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/you ... e?lang=eng

Go to HELPFUL LINKS at the bottom,
find the Download Fillable Poster link, which is also here:
https://assets.churchofjesuschrist.org/ ... e&lang=eng

Return to “Links & Resources”