Hymns App for iPhone 8 Plus

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
pgs22

Hymns App for iPhone 8 Plus

Post by pgs22 »

Prior to your latest change about one month ago, I could (1) choose between music only or voice, (2) begin with any hymn and play continuously, and (3) begin the next day where it ended the day before; and now I can't do this. In Hymns within Gospel Library, I can choose to play continuously but with voice only and not with music only as I prefer, and it doesn't begin the next day where it ended the day before, it starts over at the beginning. And in Hymns in the Sacred Music App, I can choose music (accompaniment) only, but it doesn't play continuously or begin the next day where it had ended the day before. Help! I believe there's a solution but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks, Phil
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Hymns App for iPhone 8 Plus

Post by sbradshaw »

pgs22 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:50 pm Prior to your latest change about one month ago, I could (1) choose between music only or voice, (2) begin with any hymn and play continuously, and (3) begin the next day where it ended the day before; and now I can't do this. In Hymns within Gospel Library, I can choose to play continuously but with voice only and not with music only as I prefer, and it doesn't begin the next day where it ended the day before, it starts over at the beginning. And in Hymns in the Sacred Music App, I can choose music (accompaniment) only, but it doesn't play continuously or begin the next day where it had ended the day before. Help! I believe there's a solution but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks, Phil
(1) is still possible in iOS Sacred Music 2.0, but unfortunately it's not very discoverable. If you long-press the Play button (on the list or the individual song), you can choose between different audio types. (2) is no longer possible after the update*, and (3) is a bug in the update that I agree needs to be fixed. I'd recommend reporting these issues through the app under Settings > Send Feedback. To make it easier for the support team to categorize the issues so they get routed to the right place, I'd recommend submitting a separate feedback for each item.

*A workaround might be to start playing the whole list, then tap the audio player to open the full audio controls, then tap the Next button several times until you get to the song you want to start with.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”